Game Masters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dainger2you, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Dainger2you New Member

Where have all the Game Masters gone? These days of allowing anything and everything to go on are ridiculous. There is a guild on Firiona Vie emulating one that removed him from their guild because he was using dirty innuendo and many other violations of what I have always believed was game policy. He even copied the guild leaders name.
    I remember the days when each server had gm's and most infractions were handled without the need for reports. What happened to the days of PG13 rules?
    Are the days of the gm gone as well as all propriety? Should we mourn them as we did Aradune and others?
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

They pop in and enforce the rules but they generally respond to tickets from the customer service page when it comes to this kind of thing. They don’t have the same staff count they had 20 years ago so it wouldn’t be a surprise to me if this type of mild shenanigans was lower on their list compared to cheating violations.

Someone shouldn’t be doing that but seems like an easy enough issue to ignore in the meantime. Maybe the player will cool down, stop, and reconcile things with their guild before a GM needs to jump in.
  3. Enigmbacon New Member

GMs/CSRs don't deal with guild related issues. Even if somebody is racist in guild chat they can do nothing about it. It's handled from the guild side. Looks like they removed him from the guild and he's having a little bit of fun at their expense.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The "GM's of old" are largely a memory now & it's been that way since even before I quit in 2008.

The GM on Aradune/Rizlona are only a trial thing and their role is almost entirely related to enforcement of server ruleset.

EverQuest is run by a team that is very small compared to its heyday in the first 5 years ish and probably has less than 10% of the 450k playerbase it had at its peak.