Game Freezes Computer Upon Zone Loading

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by vaenivo, Dec 6, 2018.

1. vaenivo New Member

Hey guys, I've been attempting to troubleshoot this issue for about a week and a half, but I've completely failed and could use some assistance now. This was not an issue for roughly 5-6 months, and now occurs multiple times a day with the potential of multiple times an hour.

The problem: Whenever I zone, gate, port, or get punted - anytime I change zones - it locks up the game, freezes Windows from the Task Manager, and other certain functions. This doesn't occur every time I zone yet it's frequent enough to considerably frustrate me each time it happens.

Current Work Around: The Windows key allows me to open up the Start Menu, sign out of the account, and then sign back in. This effectively resets my computer from the glitch, however, it still requires me to wait for the EQ servers to zone my current character out before getting back in-game. Signing out and back in is faster than a full machine restart yet effectively slows down my zoning time from a matter of seconds to upwards of 10mins ... after maybe 50+ occurrences I'm fed up.

Things to note:
    • I true box four computers with an Ethernet switch between my router and the four computers. Although, only three of them currently utilize the switch. The one laptop runs off WIFI since it doesn't have a port.
    • After setting up that switch I started experiencing simultaneous disconnects from the server which I assumed was the "True Box Protocol" implemented on Coirnav. I was told to configure static IP addressing for each machine on my router to bypass this infrequent protocol. That only exacerbated the frequency of those disconnects. I'm back on Dynamic IP Addressing and no longer experience True Box disconnects from all computers.
    • Two of the machines are native Windows with the other two Boot-Camped Macs. Shouldn't be an issue but thought it was worth noting despite the issue occurring on any one computer.
    • Does not occur on all machines simultaneously. Typically only one locks up, but occasionally two will experience it together.
    • All computers run a version of Intel's i7 processor with 16GB or 32GB RAM and SSDs.
    • All computers have currently updated Windows, drivers, and programs. Scheduled updates every morning at 3am if necessary.
    • Disabled Randomizing Zone Music on all machines. Unsure of any effect.
    • Toggled Loading Screen option. No effect.
    • Tried only running EQ on all machines without any potential "backgrounds conflictions". No effect.
    • Added EQ to firewall bypass list. No effect.
    • Disabled the firewall on all computers. No effect.
    • Disabled the firewall on my router. No effect.
    • Turned on Razer Cortex's "Game Boost" feature. No effect.
    • Turned off Razer Cortex's "Game Boost" feature. No effect.
    • Validated EQ assets on all machines.
    • Attempted to zone each character/machine individually - putting some time between each character's zone load. No effect.
    • Tried lots of other things, but this list is getting too long now.
    Please help.