Game enhancement idea, to boost sales.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Semper Magister, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Semper Magister New Member

I am not certain where to post my ideas at, and so, in the past, I have petitioned or bugreported, and it had been years between seeing any form of feedback or resolution.

So, today, I decided, I should post this on the public forum, and hope someone sees this in a timely manner.

I have an idea to boost marketplace sales overnight. Create ingame consumable items that mimic the effects of the veteran AA's. In that manner, those of us with varying account times played can have a somewhat unified experience, without thinking too much about how long it will be until the next round of aa's unlocks.

If you charge modestly, and allow for timers to be used, this could be a daily staple form of income for your company, as opposed to some of the gimmicky trends that the marketplace relies on currently.

Some of the aa's I would like to see in item form, would be, Talisman of the Throne (multi use throne of heroes), shard of the throne (consumable use), Talisman of the Servant (steadfast servant multi use), Claw of the servant (single use consumable), Teacher's edition Handbook (multi use Lesson of the Devoted), Answer Sheet (single use Lesson of the Devoted)

I'm not saying they should all be purchased cheap, as these effects are very beneficial overall to the gameplay styles of many of us. What I am saying, is that you can offer multiple forms of current content, re-rendered into a new form, and sell it with minimal time invested.

In any case, If you like this submission, please say so. Best way to get eyes on something, is to look for yourself!
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

This should be in The Veteran's Lounge.
    Aghinem likes this.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Also they are highly unlikely to add things to the game especially things that are already available in another form. We barely get any content as it is and the dev team is tiny so while the concept may be decent it is highly unlikely that it will get implemented.
  4. Aghinem Augur

I love it when people (who don't work for Daybreak) pass off suggestions on how to improve the business' profits and overall financial model.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I dont think there is a problem with people giving daybreak suggestions on how to make more money.It only gets silly when they think they know MORE then Daybreak about how to do that Which maybe is what you really meant.

Personally I don't see the need for more pay to play like suggested in the OP message. Though we may come to that one day if income levels drop enough in eq.

And yeah wrong forum too. :)
    Aghinem likes this.
  6. Dropfast Augur

Hum, I can see where your coming from with this but on the other hand I'm not to hot on the idea. Veteran players have already lost many of the benefits we once had over new players, like MGP trials, DoN progression, old progression spells, ect. I'm not sure I'm cool with this as well. Vet rewards are the only thing we have left really for playing so long. I could see many sharing that sentiment.