Game crashes when logging out from Human characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tigarri, May 20, 2019.

1. Tigarri New Member

My game crashes everytime that I log out of from a Human character. Other characters take me to the character select screen just fine. But my two Human characters (maybe just on Mangler) crash the game from log out. I never see the character select screen (and no, I'm not logging to desktop or exiting.) It's getting really annoying to change from one character to another.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the background on character select. Any ideas?
  2. Maclypse New Member

There's something going on since the last major patch. I've had this issue on one computer, only with Human or Wood Elf characters. Not on others. Main solution is to go to your EQ Directory, find the file named 'UI_CharacterName_Server' and delete or rename it. It resets your UI, but it will let you into game again.
  3. Tigarri New Member

I'll try that. But, to be clear, I'm not having issues getting INTO the game. I can get to the character select screen from the server select screen just fine. I just can't get to it when logging out of a Human character.
  4. Maclypse New Member

Oh, very odd. That's almost reverse of the issue most others and I are having.
  5. Prepared Lorekeeper

I see this issue randomly each time I log out from any of my 48 accounts across nine computers. It can happen on just two accounts or it can happen on about 15 of the accounts. I haven't seen any pattern and I don't play human characters.
  6. 850heretoplay New Member

I have had issues getting past the login server on my main desktop since the "random login issues" fix last month. I am about ready to cancel my accounts since they dont care to fix the issue. Spending 30 minutes freezing at the "logging in to server" and having to close and reopen again and again is just crap. Doesnt discriminate by account. After closing reopening it will log in eventually. Some days it logs right in. My laptop never has issues but I have done everything I know to fix the desktop issue to no avail on my own.
  7. narksar Augur

I've had problems both logging into and out of human characters myself. Also had TONS of issues where after I click the "play button" the EQ window opens and just stays a black screen for 10-20 minutes until I forcibly close the window. It happens to me the majority of the time I open the program. Can't see server select screen, error or anything. Just black screen.
  8. straynge Journeyman

I'm having the login crash problem with my human character. Humans seem broken. Iksar master race confirmed.
  9. Cazador New Member

Did you delete a tab from the main chat window? I was having this problem on only one of my toons then realized it was the only one I had deleted the combat tab and moved combat to its own window.
  10. Theodlard New Member

I tested this on a new character and could not replicate it. Still having my own crash issues along the same lines on just one character. When logging back into the game after the crash it still makes me kick the character from world.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Haven't this issue on two of my characters. I have a heavily modified setup with inner space boxer, a modified Sparxx UI. Other characters have extremely similar setups but don't have this issue.

I think I'm going to try deleting my UI like the above poster says and see what happens.
  12. Tucoh Augur

I haven't totally figured it out yet, but in case anyone sees this I'm using the stock Sparxx UI on two of the boxes that were having trouble and they aren't having problems anymore. So it's something custom I added to my UI. I'm hoping it's not the original spell icons I'm using =\