Game Broken due to Daybreak not knowing what goes on.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quest315, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Strudel Augur

I've said a number of times they should just sell *the items* for DBC. I'm not sure I want to pay extra money to camp something for 10 hours, but plenty of people pay money for the items.

It would also run off a lot of krono farmers, which may/may not be good for the game.
    snailish likes this.
  2. Lantherion Elder

YOU assumed hardcore players don't have competition for camps and you would be completely wrong.
  3. Nolrog Augur

I honestly have no idea what the OP is trying to complain about.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Lantherion Elder

yeah who knows at this point, thread started out about pickzones then op changed to quests lol.
  5. Quest315 Journeyman

Ha

haha, and that's ok, DBG doesn't either. It actually takes thinking and waking up.
  6. BigHurb New Member

Thought this might be a thread about Bolt line of spells, line of sight, and distance checks... or Fear/root and the above ... but forget I said anything .... I'm sure massively broken mechanics aren't a problem since we all paid them the money already :) such an awesome scam because we scammed ourselves!!! hahah kudos Daybreak u got me
    Lantherion likes this.
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

I'll let you continue to think you know about what goes on but keep in mind you don't see farmers/high end boxers coming here to complain about not getting the camps/items wanted. There is a reason it can be profitable to some and they're not the ones that are worried about competition or getting pushed around.
  8. Umul Augur

If TLPs weren’t pushed out every year, the time investment spent on a tedious epic quest, or saying a Key quest, would be explainable. I know I would not mind spending too much time doing say an SK epic, if I wasn’t concerned that 9 months later new TLP______ is coming out and cannibalizing my current server.

I don’t like the idea of paying for picks, but the thought is in the right place.

But yes, I think a huge draw for a future TLP would be removing the well documented epic bottlenecks, and juicing up the exp.
  9. Quest315 Journeyman

You make 2 very good points, the new TLP coming out and cannibalizing the server and that you don't like the idea of paying for picks.

In the meantime, everything else has been changed since day 1, we have picks we have people flooding TLP's only for them to be "cannibalized". Why when things are changed and more people are looking to do these quest mobs do we still have the 10 hour spawn times on them and why do I need to camp 1 mob day after day to complete 1 quest every time ? can someone explain this ? have we removed questing out of the game completely ? Because judging from the responses here 1)nobody likes them and 2)it is no longer viable to quest because you need to level.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Preach fam. #GetVVokeB4USpoke
  11. snailish Augur

Most of the quest bits people get bent about relate to the epic 1.0. Put those drops, priced accordingly onto LDoN vendors and you not only solve the bottlenecks but improve incentive to do LDoN. Not saying they can't sell them via store in Kunark era too...

I do agree with reducing spawn timers (not just to make questing more realistic with the population, but in general to make the zones more like their original difficulty).

At this point in the game if they want to sell the epic 1.0 in the daybreak store why not? Most of them are sold for large Krono anyways.

I still think one of the best untapped money makers would be letting me start at level 20, 30, 40 with skills leveled (aka the 51/50 model that already exists). This could be a tiered unlock per account... naked on progression servers until defiant is in game, geared in defiant on live servers. These could be era-set as well, so you can pay to be level 30 in classic, 40 in Kunark, etc.
  12. Quest315 Journeyman

You keep the same spawn timers, even in a different setting, with a massive amount of players coming to your cash grab TLP servers, but screw up massively, awarding people insane amount of platinum due to character race changes, ruining the server for good. You were warned a month ago, account has been cancelled.

Oh by the way, I was told in an email to post here for feedback from Daybreak, no red replies, good to know you are not even trying.

Wake up, don't wait for something to wake you up, do it now.

Do you see it or do I need to spell it out for you ? (same spawn timers different setting, same platinum reimbursed different setting).
  13. Febb Augur

So you joined a server during classic expansions knowing full well that most NPC's have a random 24 to 72 spawn timer and expected Daybreak to change the design of how NPC's spawn for those expansions? Welcome to classic EQ, it's not for casuals.
  14. Krezzy Augur

The idea of scaling down respawn times to suit population is a good one, but also consider that people on TLPs very quickly tend to cluster around max level. In original EQ, competition and incomplete game knowledge kept players far more varied in level. In other words, quest NPC respawn should scale more aggressively than overall server population.

Another change to consider would be partially restoring quest XP. Allow each PC to get full, original XP on the first three quests they complete on a given 24-hour period. Let's break up the monotony of grinding XP more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.