Game Broken due to Daybreak not knowing what goes on.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quest315, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quest315 Journeyman

The reason for the game being broken is that people @daybreak really don't sit and play all day like most of us.

I will try to explain, Pick zones, ok, this brings more people to TLP servers, great. But what about zones where there is only 1 pick and people come to camp mobs for a quest :eek: ?

Pretty much its what made EQ famous the day after day camping a spawn but 10x worse because so many more people are there then when EQ was actually good.

All the while I just sit there staring at a screen all day LFG anyways, so, these pick zones help sometimes, other times as you can see with any amount of thinking, do not.
  2. Lantherion Elder

I always said they should allow people to buy access to premium pickzones. Want a pickzone for your group for 24 hours? Tired of fighting 60 people for a camp? Buy a premium pickzone, they could charge $20 for 24 hour access and people would pay it in droves, no doubt about it.

Poor people would hate it but daybreak would make a lot of cash from it.
  3. Nickatropolis Augur

would people really pay 20 dollars to play in zones that have several instances of free picks?
  4. Lantherion Elder

yes because they would have the entire zone to themselves, especially the hardcore players and botters which also means less people in the normal picks.

Instead of just having hamlord you could be pulling frenzy//sub/exe/cav/sage etc with no competition because you bought a premium pickzone for your group and if your in a static you can split the price with your mates or just rotate who buys the picks every 24 hours.

There are plenty of ways daybreak can make money and keep the game going, they just aren't thinking outside the box.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That might be the worst idea I've ever heard, and I've been around for a while.
    Frogmancer, Gana and HoodenShuklak like this.
  6. MaxTheLion Augur

Most of the "hardcore" players are the ones holding the high value targets already and keep their boxes fed with Krono made by doing so. The whole purpose is to NOT pay real money, so no, most of the "hardcore" would not dump money for things they're already getting.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  7. Lantherion Elder

So you consider the only "hardcore" players to be the first group to 60? i was level 40 on day 2 and we had PLENTY of competition in Lguk and i would have bought a pickzone for my group if the option was available.
  8. Lantherion Elder

Of course, poor people always hate it when other people can throw more money at the game.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

Marl Kastane is a 3 day spawn.....60 bucks for a single turn in.....SOUNDS GREAT.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Turning the game truly pay to win is terrible. I feel like this is an idea dbg ivory tower would possibly conceive. Lol
    Lantherion likes this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

And good players always hate it when players try to throw money at the game instead of putting the time in and learning how to play it well.

See what I did there?
    Genoane and MaxTheLion like this.
  12. Lantherion Elder

Time and Effort into learning EQ, lol you're a joke.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Thank you for proving my point for me.
  14. Quest315 Journeyman

A lot of it has nothing to do with DBG and there is not much they can do about it. Such as the trend where many are LFG because there are not enough tank classes that has been going on for awhile now.

As far as the pick zones, take a game that got famous for day after day camping Quest mobs, relationships being broken jobs lost etc lol. Then add more pick zones, so people doing the Quests have even more competition for the mobs they have been camping day after day (in zones where there are 0 picks), all of this on a TLP where people have all flooded to.

That is what I mean by the game being broken, its actually NeverQuest now.
  15. Quest315 Journeyman

In NeverQuest people don't actually quest anyways, they want to hack and slash to lvl 50 asap.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you actually want to quest in EQ you quit pretty fast. The quests aren't all bad, and some are interesting. But you won't level up, which is kind of a big deal.
  17. Quest315 Journeyman

There is a solution that works for everyone. It is understandable that these TLP servers are good for everyone.

The solution is this, instead of preserving some false sanctity with the QUEST mob spawn timers since the beginning of EQ, while everything else has changed (the people flooding TLP, the pick zones). Scale the old 10 hour spawn timers of QUEST mobs accordingly on TLP servers.

This actually respects the original timers not tarnishes them, for example if the TLP has 3x more people cut the 10 hour spawn timer for QUEST mobs to 3.33* hours. The old timers were designed with lots in mind such as population etc so this keeps them exact to scale, making it more true to what was actually intended. Why have 10 picks so its 10x easier to get a skull shaped barbute for example but make it even more horrifying to QUEST ?
    snailish likes this.
  18. Quest315 Journeyman

not at all if some thinking is done and things are scaled accordingly. Its called EverQuest after all, so some people might actually want to.. oh.. nevermind...
  19. Quest315 Journeyman

why should it be 10x easier to get a skull shaped barbute because its 10x easier due to pick zones, but 10x harder to have a QUEST item ? Scale things appropriately on TLP servers and the integrity of what they were designed with in mind will be somewhat preserved.
  20. MaxTheLion Augur

Let's see if you can figure out what's going on by showing you what you said.

Lantherion (you) - "they could charge $20 for 24 hour access and people would pay it in droves, no doubt about it."
    Nickatropolis said:
    “would people really pay 20 dollars to play in zones that have several instances of free picks?”
    Lantherion (you) - "yes because they would have the entire zone to themselves, especially the hardcore players"

Then read my reply again... You'll see I did not mention anything about level as a criteria for "hardcore".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.