FV Server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by karvon, Mar 21, 2017.

1. karvon New Member

Is firiona vie the only live server which allows typically no-trade items to become tradeable?

Are there any other unique characteristics which some servers have which others do not?

I realize there are TLP and live server types.
  2. Elsewhere Elder

I believe that Brekt also has similar rulings in that the NODROP tag does not apply on most items (certainly defiant). However, the server has only been up for a few months, so am not sure what is and what isn't covered by this.

FV also has a 50% exp boost, in addition to no /ooc, and language issues.
    Test gives you a 100% exp bonus and treats you as if you had gold membership and you can /testcopy characters from live servers to test.
  3. Kelethin New Member

Is FV the only server that get permanent exp bonus ? is there a way to know all the infos of each server ? I'm a new player and still don't know what server to choose.
  4. Kelethin New Member

Dunno where you guys saw that FV has 50% more exp than other servers (i see that statement everywhere from players but not from official source), i just tested it and created 1 char on another server (Antonius Bayle) and was getting exact same amount of exp than FV, so i guess that if there was a bonus xp on FV it's over now.
  5. Minato Augur

Unless it was ninja nerfed sometime fairly recently the exp bonus is still in effect. its one of the main reasons you aren't allowed to transfer off even naked because its easier to max level/aa on FV
  6. Brudal Augur

Try it again after bonus experience is over.
  7. Kelethin New Member

Anniversary exp bonus ended friday :

"Bonus XP STARTS Thursday, March 16 at 12:01AM PDT and ENDS Friday, March 31, 2017 at 11:59PM PDT"
  8. Brudal Augur

Working fine for me, quest xp was exactly the same on test, fv, ab and bristle from turning in the key and gathering 4 silks.

Where the server based xp difference was visible was from killing mobs.

AB : level 2 and 92%
    Bristle: level 2 and 92%
    FV : level 2 and 98%
    Test : level 3 and 1%
  9. Drusi Augur

What Brudal said, killing XP gets 50% bonus on FV and 100% bonus on Test, but quest xp remains the same at least for the lower level quests.

Not sure how it is with Heroic Adventures later on, someone should compare those on FV and a regular server.
  10. Cakekizy New Member

The no transfer rules predate the xp bonus. It's because of the no trade rules.
  11. Annastasya Augur

Zek is also a special rules server that was not mentioned yet. On a normal server one can do a quest with the priest of discord to become a player killer. Player killers can kill other player killers without initiating a duel. i do not recommend becoming a player killer on a normal server as this is irreversible and causes all kinds of problems interacting with others.

Zek has no option to not be a player killer.

Also, we don't talk about Zek because most of us act like it doesnt exist, including the developers. ;)
    fransisco and Janakin like this.
  12. Kirab Lorekeeper

Can people still jank your loot from killing you on Zek or did that go away?
  13. Rhodz Augur

As far as I remember the xp bonus was on the server from day 1.
  14. Raptorjesus5 Augur

They only added the experience bonus when the server was dying maybe 5 or 6 years ish ago. The same time they opened up free transfers. They closed the free transfers a couple years ago because now it's the most populated server outside TLP.
  15. Rhodz Augur

SOE may have adjusted the xp rate, they certainly did on all servers, but still IIRC FV received a bonus when we first rolled on it back in 2002, about four months after launch.
    What they did do was relieve some few of the language learning and other minor restrictions, it was difficult to learn new languages. One would hit a cap and have to zone to reset it. In fact FV and Zek shared several rules when it came to racial alignments.
    You may well be right but my memory is saying otherwise.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.