FV server worth playing?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HarlieJade, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HarlieJade New Member

I was curious of the FV server. I know it has a 50% exp bonus and most items are tradeable but I also heard that most rares and old world bosses are perma camped. Does that have any truth behind it or is it just current stuff over camped? I like hunting/completing achievements so, if old content is also perma camped it kind of discourages me.

Thanks for the response.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

Are they not camped on other servers? I remember having a hell of a time finding vt, lord seru, and tov up even on povar a few years back. Those are the main zones that have interesting twink items that aren't tradable on other servers. I'd like AOC added to live for this reason, but krono farmers would hate that the value of those items would drop.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

They’re perma camped everywhere really, but I suspect on FV it’d be a lot worse since the # of people camping it would increase dramatically with the chance for profits involved. Things like Vulak for Abashi are probably an especially bad fecal matter show there, eh?

Wru Agents of Change on live, even on the chop shop server(s) =/
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Elskidor Augur

There's really no excuse why AoC aren't on all servers.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Riou like this.
  5. Rickate Augur

If one of your priorities is personally defeating old world raids and your finances allow you to change servers twice, head to the Trakanon server now and research your next destination. You can probably kill every old raid within a month which I believe is the minimum time between server transfers.

FV doesn't have a particular perma-camping issue because of the high volume of farming options. Abashi is currently 650k, 700k and 2mil. There are a variety of augs and clicks from instanced group missions which sell (or are at least higher priced in /baz) than Abashi. On Drinal you will have a problem with specific old world mobs with tradeable drops but chances are Lendiniara the Keeper is alive right now while on FV if someone makes a trip to clear NToV they will probably also kill LtK.

On whatever server if your priority is the achievement use ;gen to find out who else is doing those raids and share group invites (or raid invites if mercs aren't used), you do not have to zone in or even own an expansion to get a Conqueror or Hunter ach.
  6. Magickon Augur

Abashi's not worth anything on FV. Well, by "anything" I mean, when I popped on FV a while back, it was available for sale in bazaar. That means 2million plat. On FV, 2 million plat is complete chump change.

Abashi is great, but there comes a time when classes just have access to better things. Sure, nothing tops 300 range....but a 250 range shuriken actually gives you more space to run than an abashi does, since the shuriken has to actually land on the target before doing agro. At that level, the debuff stripping trait of the abashi is also meaningless.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You can't transfer to Trakanon.