FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Well, you did go a bit far with:

Implying that people don't earn their gear on FV is wrong. My only point is that what it takes for them to earn it there is pretty different than on the normal ruleset, because they have commonplace options that the rest of us do not.
  2. Leex Pewpewer

To be fair I've always been hostile when it comes to raid gear. I do think people should have to raid to earn it. Just like I was very upset when I first heard about global rares, although how they implemented them was genius, I thought the servers would be over run with raid level loots, but not so much really.

I wouldn't say I went to far, I'm just .......overly ....vocal about my opinions? xD...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. The Flash Lorekeeper

lmao, no. No guilds will remove them. Maybe guilds on xegony, no other guild can actually fill a raid to justify removing some one unless they are doing more harm than good which is nearly impossible in EQ.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It all depends on the guild. The guild I'm (not Xegony) in will occasionally remove people for bad or disruptive behavior, mass incompetence or whatever reasons. Do we have underperformers? Sure, everyone does. And it's certainly easier to hide in a larger crowd. But that's what happens when 50ish people join together to fight things they can't do alone.

To me there's a pretty equal number of "unearning" Raiders as there are to their grouper counterparts. Slacking or sucking is the same in both environments. The raid gear being better comes at a higher cost in terms of set schedule and competition, and what's needed to survive against raid mobs. The grouper can essentially molo a huge portion of their endgame, afk whenever they want, come/go whenever they want, and that's their tradeoff. The gear is way faster to obtain, it's easier to box and very little (or even no) competition.

The reason why most don't want the FV ruleset is it drastically messes with this line that's always been around in since the game's inception, to varying degrees. I'm curious, how many FV folks play there specifically because they want raid gear but don't want to raid?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Leex like this.
  5. Leex Pewpewer

I've been in this guild for two weeks, of course I'm an app.

But what do you know about high end guilds? Lol what active content are YOU raiding?

Good job, Schadenfreude! You now look like a moron.

Keep buying your gear! ;)

I'll raid for mine.
  6. Kaliko Augur

It's only easier to earn plat to buy raid gear if you're an uber boxer.... and alot of us do raid for gear as we have 2 raid guilds in TDS and the other 1 is in CoTF (due to number losses). There is easily over 60 people on FV that raid that would qualify as "High end guild material" but unfortunately the 2 TDS guilds raid on vastly different times and schedules and are full for the most part.
  7. CaptAmazing Augur

I think I the majority of us do want it. Even if some people dont know it yet.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

By "us", you're referring to all EQ players? Based on what, exactly? If that's what you're saying, I definitely disagree and think most players would too.
  9. Kaliko Augur

We don't want the all items droppables enforce on everyone, but you guys just fail to understand alot of us have put YEARS of work into characters just like you doing progression, flags, etc and whatnot and would like to just be able to play on a more active server without the years of catching up. Yeah we probably messed up playing on FV for years but that was when FV was a big thriving server and times have changed for the past few years, I myself originally played on Xev and merged with Druzzil ro, after all my friends left game I went to FV. I would gladly just want a transfer off in group gear as long as I keep my augs I farmed and epic, lon illusions, etc. Honestly the raid gear excuse is lame because any player that knows how to play can do extremely well in group gear.
  10. CaptAmazing Augur

I disagree with what you disagree with. I think most players would too.
  11. Sancus Augur

You disagree with what Sheex disagrees with, being your original statement?

Regardless, I think if people wanted the FV ruleset, more would play on FV. I for one know I do not.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sheex like this.
  12. Khat_Nip Meow

No.Thanks.
    If everyone wanted it then the population would be nil on the regular servers and FV would be overpopulated and that is not the case.
    If by majority you mean minority, then yeah. There are even posts from people that want off of FV and away from its special rules.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Sancus and Sheex like this.
  13. Kaliko Augur

Ever since FV got rid of the 1 character per account rule it honestly went to hell and allowing transfers moreso allowed greed to really run and take over FV, which is why some of us would like off for true fun raiding and grouping opportunities that aren't ruined by this bullcrap.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's a pretty simple concept. If more people wanted that set, why exactly is the FV population not doing well? And people there are downplaying the advantages they've received (yes, you play the real game and have put a lot of work into your toons, too, but no, you can't just pretend these special rules don't exist) to justify some kind of "compromise" to get out of dodge. None of this speaks to a ruleset that's desired by the majority.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  15. Kaliko Augur

Advantages? You could transfer to zek and level up for xp bonus too and that xp bonus was only added over the last year or so..... and don't act like xp is so hard to get now with the way HA's give exp, etc, Raid gear never helped anyone that doesn't know how to play their class and honestly someone that knew how to play their class is more than capable of doing the same things or better in group gear.
  16. CaptAmazing Augur

The server isn't suffering IMO. Most of the complaint I see here is that people want off because they've either burned all their bridges or the servers raid guilds don't fit their schedule.

People spouting all these advantages really can't be serious. The 50% exp. bonus is nice and all but, I've got multiple toons that are max AA and many other people do as well. Id have them without the bonus. The bonus was given as incentive to start characters on the server and be caught up with the rest of the population quicker.

There's a huge portion of the population that are transplants from other servers and the major majority sing the praises of being able to hand down gear to alts and friends or use it to fund other purchases.

The best of the best stuff is very out of reach of most people and the best and most practical way is to go and raid for it.

The same reason people don't want to give up their toons is the same reason many more don't transfer here, they've put years of work in to their characters and don't want to risk getting stuck on a server where it may not work out for them. It has nothing, nothing, to do with the fact our gear is tradeable.
    Lives change, schedules change and friends leave. These are the reason people that want to raid, move servers, most often. Putting in ten plus years and having to start over because you can't transfer off is the reason more people don't move their toon to FV. Not cause they have some moral outrage because Joe Schmoe bought a piece of CotF raid gear in the bazaar.
  17. Agrippa Augur

I also don't think we're hurting as far as numbers go, but our biggest advantage is playing on a server that is closer to the way the original developers intended Norrath. Near everything didn't rot at release, during classic, or for years after. Even dragon loot was tradable and every server had a strong economy.

I raid when I can and I can say that the advantage that my alts and friends get from gear that I'm able to trade them is far greater than the laughable experience bonus. That advantage is pretty significant compared to the rot servers.
    Warpeace, Pinecone and Sheex like this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's nice to see a FV player that will actually acknowledge that the blue sky is blue, thanks for that.

I agree as well about the exp advantage being much, much less significant. With heroic toons and bonus exp from potions, events and dailies it's never been easier to max with little effort.
  19. Kellaer Augur

No, I don't think so. Don't presume to speak on the 'majority's' half.
  20. CaptAmazing Augur

What not? The person I was taking to was doin it. Ironically.