FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's not presumption to count a dozen ish Normal rules servers and a couple of special rules servers and determine majority/minority. The math isn't that hard.

And this wouldn't even need to be mentioned if not for that minority inaccurately claiming "most" want their rules. If that were true, why aren't there more FV's? It's like reading a thread about EQ Pvp. It's cool that some like it, but there's nothing at all inaccurate in saying most do not.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Leex like this.
  2. The Flash Lorekeeper

Your own words prove my point. You're not removing people because you have apps waiting or poor DPS numbers. You are "occasionally removing people for bad or disruptive behavior, mass incompetence." Because do they do more harm than good, EQ as a standard can be carried by 1 or 2 groups of players per raid. Even the best guild(s) in the game have people that can't dodge fireballs or stand on a podium and say 'I am the murderer'.

The reality of the game dictates this, it is not a difficult game by any measure.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

I raid 4 days a week (more often than not) but sure keep digging that trench I hear Australia is nice this time of year.
    Pinecone likes this.
  4. CaptAmazing Augur

Google says he's raided and beaten up to Arx 3, at least.

http://prosperitasguild.org/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=52

It seemed like a strange attack on your part, this post. Even for you.
    Pinecone likes this.
  5. Tharzak Elder

I originally started EQ on FV. Not for gear. Not for plat. Not for XP. But because it was supposed to be role play server. I enjoyed that. When I did not want to RP I had toons on other servers to entertain me.
    Today FV has indeed become the chop shop graveyard that everyone is calling it. Nay a RPer to be seen.
    Since transfers off are extremely unlikely...
    I'd personally like to see them convert it to a normal rules server and when the population shrank far enough (I'm sure it would drop fast) merged with another with a healthier population.
  6. Battleaxe Augur

You are absolutely entitled to express your desires and no one can disagree that you've expressed what you would like. However, it is permissible to post reservations or objections to doing what another would like to see done:

While you may not have opted for FV's special rules because no drop gear could be traded, because that rule would give it a different enonomy than normal rules servers, and/or an exp bonus others did. It's FV's special rules that raise the objections to transfers off it, not any one individual's enjoyment of those rules.

How would you undo years of special rules if Daybreak converted it to a normal rules server? Undo...not poof - it never happened/no advantages accrued/no one is using gear that's no drop on other servers that they didn't directly loot. It could be undone kinda sorta....if 5 years ago they had converted FV to a normal rules server any exp bonus and a lot of sold no drop gear wouldn't matter. Max level cap raises would have minimized the effects.

But it ain't 5 years ago. "Today FV has indeed become the chop shop graveyard that everyone is calling it." And where is that gear, the pp, the Krono? Why (a lot of) it is on FV where it is not moot.

IF FV were merged with Test then such things would matter less. Test is a test environment where people still play the game (now without resets/clearouts). If FV's raid accomplishements have an * so do Test accomplishments. Can't transfer off test/can't transfer off FV. FV had loot not native to the FV server, so does Test. FV might have population issues, so might Test.

So, wanna ease population issues (if there are some), make raiding healthier, potentially keep FV's ruleset (why would Test object - it's the home of cloned Toons?), ...

Or is this yet another get the camel's nose in the tent and he'll be under normal ruleset server covers soon enough ploy?
  7. Tharzak Elder

I don't know about my post being a ploy of some kind. It's just my thoughts on it.
    I do think it would be as easy as flipping a few 1s to 0s to make it "normal".
    Why is undoing all the years of gear, plat, XP and whatever else is of issue an issue? Once it's no trade it loses its value. So what if toon X got to 105 quicker than toon Z? Hundreds if not thousands leveled to 105 faster than I did. XP bonus or not. Same with AAs. Special server or not.

I think making FV "normal" and eventually merging fixes more than it harms. The only harm I see is bruised egos. Those who would always wonder if toon X leveled faster than they did or if they got that raid gear from (hopefully EQ lasts this long) 5 expansions back. Merge, and by the time the next expansion rolls around all the reasons for not merging have disappeared.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  8. Random_Enchanter Augur

you would lose every subscription on that server who play because they like the trade rules. That would be a blow to DBG's bottom line that i don't know if this game could live though.

I'd much rather see the exp bonus pushed to twice the normal and not allow server transfers into FV, without a marketplace purchase of a special transfer that requires several checks. Off? sure why not. No raiding guild is going to accept people because there full TDS gear if there a player. This deals with the 'chop shop' problem of FV, allows FV to keep there rule set, and allows people to 'start over' on FV with a dammed decent bonus.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

If they allow transfers off of FV, it will destroy other server economies due to the amount of plat
    on the FV server.
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

Or just flag no-trade gear that gets on the server via server transfer so that people can't scrap old toons there and allow people to transfer off with no gear and a maximum of 500k platinum.
  11. Warpeace Augur

I like the idea but why not also make the persons gear transferring off FV no trade. Would even the playing field, not sold on the plat amount but that could be batted around if they would consider it.

The XP argument is just poor and petty between servers. The real beef most have is the ability to buy gear......well a crap player is still a crap player no matter how shinny a turd they are and will be found out soon enough.
    Pinecone likes this.
  12. Aghinem Augur

This is my humble opinion. Server transfers OFF Firiona Vie will never happen; and in the extremely rare circumstance it has happened, it was a completely bare toon - Name only. I understand the concern over the idea of people transferring off the server, but in the end - its just an idea; a thought - its not happening.

Firiona Vie unfortunately is always going to be a target of ire because of various scams that take place, and sadly, the GOOD people who play on that server are on the receiving end of said criticisms by association. Its like me calling everyone who lives in Seattle, WA a piece of crap scumbag because it has a high crime rate; well that isn't fair to the good hard working people of Seattle, WA.

Reality is, scams take place on all servers in one form or another - the lax ruleset of FV just makes it a convenient target. Additionally, the criticisms of FV ruleset is really getting old. If you don't like the FV ruleset, no one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to play FV. Yes, people don't RP on there anymore - but it does serve as a nice relaxing & less stringent version of EQ. People who simply do not have it in them anymore to do things in classic or hardcore mode due to their real life obligations & schedules may want something that is more suitable. So let them have it and let them have their fun.
    Pinecone likes this.
  13. Kolani Augur

500k? That just sounds like poor people envy right there. I clear that weekly making tradeable TDS tradeskilled items in the Bazaar. Sounds like you just need to learn how to make money.
  14. Phrovo1 Augur

Or 1 million. 2 million even. I know that it's not hard to make money. The reason for putting plat limits would be to keep down inflation as much as possible. Like you said, 500k is a joke so why wouldn't you be able to do it on other servers. I was just throwing ideas out there
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'm curious what you mean by this since it's pretty euphemism filled and vague. What else about the server is casual friendly? Other than being able to buy raid gear, of course, and the exp bonus.
  16. Aghinem Augur

I agree, the statement was a bit vague in those terms. I think I was generalizing around that main point of being able to buy raid gear, or have an easier time leveling due to the exp bonus modifier in place.
  17. Agrippa Augur

Old raid gear is fairly easy to come by, sure, but don't think that of current raid. Up until fairly recently, people could pay @ 20m for a full outfit of current raid. That came from other servers far more often than not and was pretty rare. Almost overnight, though, insane amounts of platinum entered the server and now 20m *might* see a single current raid piece and it's still pretty rare. I've played on the server almost exclusively since it opened and have yet to see even close to that.

The small experience bonus might appeal to some and could be called more casual friendly, but, by far, it's the tradable loot. This doesn't just extend to raid gear, of course. We can camp things for alts with mains, where it'd rot everywhere else. We can pass otherwise rots to friends and guildmates. And, of course, there is an economy and a thriving bazaar.

Even with some of the modernizations, I don't think anyone can fairly call Everquest a "casual" game. For one, there is no Pause! Dog gets into something it shouldn't and there's a possibility of wiping the raid or group or dying, if solo. Then it's also pretty hard to accomplish anything without committing to sitting and playing for long periods. But with tradable items, it just opens more doors.
    Warpeace likes this.
  18. Kolani Augur

It's not a valid comparison, no one asks for anything to be stripped from you over an arbitrary amount when you testcopy. It's just you being petty, childish, and a bit of an .
  19. Phrovo1 Augur

I was talking about if server transfers were ever allowed off of FV. Don't be a . I did not mean people who were still on FV had to have their money reset. Last I checked Test's economy was already a complete joke so talking about test-copying platinum onto Test is irrelevant.
  20. Pinecone Journeyman

I doubt they ever let anyone transfer off of FV again especially with the stripped down barebones CS that exists now. Your best hope is for merges. I imagine most if not all special ruleset servers will be merged together and then the regular servers will be merged into probably half of what there is now.

I know a lot of people want to throw out arguments such as integrity of the game, the player's opinions or feelings on merges etc etc but Daybreak has to make $$$$$ and save $$$$$ and Columbus Nova doesn't give a damn about any history, integrity or player's opinions.

If the lay offs, stripping down CS, cutting out expansions, stripping down the forums and all the other cost cutting measures haven't proven this to you yet then I don't know if anything will and you (no specific person) are in denial for whatever reason.