FV & RoS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Jontrann Augur

Was thinking about coming back to EQ and playing on FV again but i have a question. I know they are planning on announcing a new expansion soon and i'm assuming if i buy RoS now ill have to buy the new expansion as well. Is there a timeframe on which daybreak gives refunds on purchases? I guess i'm just worried that i'll buy RoS and a Heroic Boost just for the new expansion to get announced next week with a pre order and that comes with access to all the previous expansions hence making my RoS purchase obsolete.
  2. svann Augur

I dont think I have ever heard of them giving a refund.
  3. Raltar Augur

The new expansion is right around the corner. I would wait a few weeks.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tucoh like this.
  4. Jontrann Augur

Seems like the best thing to do, thanks.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

RoS expansion will be 50% off in about four days or so. Since RoS raised the level cap to 110, it may be worthwhile to stick with RoS if you feel like you need to catch up and are on a budget. Conversely, you can buy the discounted RoS expansion for the Collectors or Premium Edition and buy next expac.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Roxxlyy Augur

Though we haven't announced any details yet, the next expansion will be launching at the end of the year. A purchase of the most recently released expansion will always include all previous playable expansion content, no matter what edition you buy.

Traditionally, before a new expansion pre-order period begins the previous year's expansion will go on sale for 50% off. This is great for players that want to get their hands on the Premium/Collector's Edition bonus items that come with that expansion before they disappear, but if you're only looking to play the content it may be in your interest to just wait for this year's expansion to launch. :)
    Brohg, Fanra, xcitng and 6 others like this.
  7. fortuneteller Augur

My guess is that the new expansion will be announced Wednesday, because of arond 1 week after EQ II and beside markedsplace Down, I guess when test markedsplace comes up, you can see the RoS at 50%, and maybe also the expansion there as well.

However I like my pizza fresh from the oven, and not some rewarmed one, which is what I do consider the 50%.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

For a moment, I thought this was going to be a thread about how RoS lacks a revamped "Firiona Vie" zone. I would love to see a revamped FV zone introduced as an anniversary bonus or hardcore heritage with a totally new loot table.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Roxxlyy explained the main reason for the 50% discount, it's not intended for players to unlock the current expansion. It's mainly for players who already have the expansion and would like to upgrade their edition to get the bonus Mounts/Illusions that come with the premium editions. I myself will probably take advantage of the sale this year, I usually only buy the standard edition. An extra $100 or so for all the bonus items is a little steep for me, but $50 isn't as bad imo. The mount from the RoS premium edition is pretty sweet, which is why I'll probably splurge this year.
  10. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Just checking if my maths is right. Current "Standard to Premium Upgrade" is $105. At 50% off, it would be $52.50 and if you have All Access that number is down to $47.25?
  11. Kolani Augur

A fresh heroic character will be a long way from being RoS ready. Go ahead and buy the heroic toon and level it up and pad the aa count, you should be able to get ready to jump into EoK by the time you get to 105. Be aware that you need to complete EoK progression to be effective in RoS, one specific mob type has an AOE that you need to have the blocker for. You can work around it in most group zones, but you absolutely need the blocker to complete the Skyfire mission unless your group is super understanding.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Notice I said Or So... I knew my math wasn't correct, I was too lazy to look up the actual price, but I knew I was close. My whole job deals with math/numbers, it's nice to slack on it every now and then lol

Edit: I thought you quoted my post not Roxxlyy's lol. But ya that should be right.
  13. Snowman Augur

Anyone else notice the end of the year for the launch - worst possible time for an expansion release - trying to book off a week in december is like trying to pull teeth at work ((
  14. Sancus Augur

Unless you're on winter break!

But yeah, it's a bad time for normal, productive people.
  15. qweasy Augur

A few years ago some red posted that the plan was to give all but the newest 2 expansions to f2p players, why has that stopped? and is the any plans on unlocking another expansion for f2pers?
  16. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Yeah wasn’t direct at you. :-D. Some people are Math like Grammar though. lol.

Just don’t want to overpay by a lot. Also wondering if Roxxlyy can confirm sale end date. Debating whether I should get Collector Edition for boxes.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The sale only lasts like a week or 2 if I remember right. Usually they announce the new expansion with the pre-order date and the sale takes place inbetween the announcement and pre-order. If you're on the fence about getting them for alt accounts, it's basically your last chance. Once the sale ends and pre-orders start, they will be gone forever.