FV No Trade Gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AlmarsGuides, Nov 21, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

Intentional or?

I know many of you don't play on FV because of the unique ruleset but many of us do play on FV because of the unique ruleset.

With gear being NO TRADE even on FV - aside from trading old gear, what's the point?

Also if this is intentional when will transfer off FV be allowed? You know, considering the only thing that bound people to this server was the ruleset.

Also if it is intentional you may want to highly rethink this over at Daybreak, because all of those people whom engage in RMT that you hate on FV most likely buy half the kronos that go into this game.

Please, reconsider NO TRADE on FV if this is going to be a "thing". Those of us play there and love it because of that ruleset and find EQ lackluster experiencing it any other way.

And, if you do want to bone all of those poor helpless individuals who did nothing wrong, at least let us know when Transfers will be added back on FV since the only thing making the server unique and awesome is gone.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I thought RMT was against game rules?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Buying and selling kronos isn't, that's RMT.
  4. Haste Lorekeeper

5. AlmarsGuides Augur

I am not familiar with facebook or twitter or any social media, is that good or bad?

And are you able to post a link to it? I wanna see the context of what you said/she liked
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

7. Haste Lorekeeper

Link is in the reply...but it's basically her not giving an actual answer to the question.
  8. Axxius Augur

'Like' means 'good question'. She'll look into it.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Either fix it or allow transfers off the server.
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

Remember back in the day when people would just say what they wanted to say? Good times. =P
  11. Agrippa Augur

I pointed this out in the bug thread.

Nearly everything in the classic game was tradable, including dragon loot. Trading thrived on every server and all of the servers had strong economies

It remained this way for some time, but a couple of folk ninjalooted a raid or two where people weren't paying attention. So a vocal handful of raiders cried: Rot! Rot! We need more Rot! Also, a few vocal people that didn't want to raid grew jealous of the raiders' friends and family. They, too, cried: Rot! Rot! We need more Rot! As always, the developers turned their ear to this vocal minority and, oddly, by the time they introduced the Bazaar, they had basically killed all forms of trading by making everything Rot by design.

I started a monk on Firiona Vie when it opened. I wasn't familiar with all of the rules on the server and was curious about the roleplaying aspect. I'm half joking in the last paragraph, but the ruleset has always been the closest one to how the original developers made the game in my opinion. People came to Firiona Vie for a variety of reasons and I'll admit that there aren't many that play in characters these days. Having nearly everything being tradable is one of main reasons many of us love it and choose to play there. I'm sure the Rot tag on TBM items is an oversite, but having more options is a pretty big feature going for Firiona Vie. I hope this is something that can be fixed sooner rather than later.
  12. AlmarsGuides Augur

This.

I can't find a working page but they had a thread about this on EQN awhile ago:

https://www.everquestnext.com/round-table?poll=specialty-server-choices-eqn

A fironia vie server was an option and I can't remember if it won or if it was second place, but it was very highly demanded amongst the community.

Also on the first TLP vote we almost got an FV TLP server, the only thing that beat out FV TLP was Timelocked TLP.
  13. Wizdons Augur

I have to think this is a oversight honestly. If this is the case i really regret buying TBM..

And anyone else that does not play on FV should really look to this as a crystal clear picture that they really dont care about the game.

You cant make a bigger slap in the face nerf than to do this to a special server that has been around forever.
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

It's a dumb dumb move financially if they did do it. The whole premise of FV is pretty much to generate them mad kronos, why jeopardize that?
  15. Zarakii Augur

wonder if this was a ninja fix for people always "sending and stripping toons" to fv if so i expect free transfers assuming i play anymore the lack of respect to the player base lately has made me at least temporarily retire if not for good

P.S im re-downloading huniepop!
  16. Lonye Augur

The group currency is tradeable
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

is that unique to FV or the same across all servers?
  18. Lonye Augur

Serverwide. Not saying that it makes it better, just thought I'd let you know in the meantime.
  19. AlmarsGuides Augur

Well that's one positive change, it helps people on normal servers get into the current gear curve much faster and easier
  20. Agrippa Augur

Spells and currencies appear to be tradable on Firiona Vie. It's just the gear itself that is designed to Rot currently.