Fixed Internally FV Lag again

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Warpeace, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Warpeace Augur

Trying to take things out of housing failing or taking several minutes to complete. Trying to zone out of housing clicking on the gate has no results, Gate housing to PoK resulted in "You have been disconnected" Character logged back into game still stuck in housing.
    Zebria, Zapping, Niic and 28 others like this.
  2. Cideral Lorekeeper

It has been happening since November's patch. Gets better sometimes, always comes back, in a big way or small ways.
  3. Fopster Journeyman

Yes, the lag is getting worse again, also logging in from the character selection screen to the world is terrible as well. Can we please get this fixed properly instead of putting band aides on it. As said before, this has been going on since that early Nov patch. Please help us
    Zynt, Shamatize and BubbaJoeFV like this.
  4. BubbaJoeFV New Member

Please fix this. FV is almost unplayable at this point.
    Zynt, Shamatize and Fenthen like this.
  5. Cideral Lorekeeper

I dont know why more people arent coming to complain about it, because they certainly do in in-server chats, but lag never goes away from FV. Every day we get hit with multiple multi minute lags of various kinds, notably today it took 5 minutes for a quest to update. Note that that is merely an example, things like minutes to initiate a zone, chat stopping for several minutes are always part of the lags.
    Zynt and Shamatize like this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Long story short, they don't think it will matter was the answer I received from general chat the day I started this thread. Also most hate coming to the forums because of how toxic they can be.

Only thing you can do is try and encourage them to post, maybe start the thread and let them know where to find it, if they don't want to leave a post they could hit the like button to keep it visible.

And the Lag is still an issue, please look into it.
    Zynt, Shamatize and Barton like this.
  7. Slasher Augur

its likely because FV is the most populated server tbh you don't see this kind of lag on lower populated servers.
    Shamatize and Andarriel like this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Yet again lastnight was another lag fest on the FV server during raids between 7pm east coast and 11pm. It this going to be looked into, not like its going to self correct.
  9. Warpeace Augur

5 am east coast time today. Rubber banding, non responsive toons, several tries to drop instance.

Someone could look into this:rolleyes:
  10. Moege Augur

You call that lag ? I call that pack it in and go home, zoning kicks you to server select, 10mins to log back in..
    It is not even prime time !
  11. dwish Augur

The lag on FV is definitely getting old. It's been going on since at least last October, and while it was hit and miss for awhile, it seems everyday now I am getting lag (sometimes massive lag). It's really starting to affect the enjoyment of the new expansion as I can only put up with so much mob ghosting, mob warping, and hitting abilities where nothing happens. Throw in the HORRIBLE zone pathing in almost all the new CoV zones, and with the lag/pathing is dang near unplayable.
    Fopster, Zynt and Shamatize like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You guys need to "like"the first post or it will never get dev attention. Comments don't count. If you click on where it says so and so like this post will show you who has or has not.
    Zynt, Shamatize and Barton like this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Yes lasting was another crap show with lag during raids. Is this going to be seriously addressed or what?

Popularity contests ( having to click like to the op) should not drive support when lag is disrupting a servers playability.
  14. MiataDriver Augur

It's all servers, not just FV.
    Shamatize likes this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

I bet it's significantly worse on Firiona Vie. Brekt had zero lag ever, so merging servers and increasing server population is a detrimental thing in this case. FV is the highest populated server.
    Zynt likes this.
  16. Fopster Journeyman

Just had to Ctrl+Alt+Del, after trying to zone into Cresent Reach for over 5 mins, starting to sound like it is world wide, not just FV
  17. Shootss New Member

this is bs we cant even play atm u zone or try to login it just crahes and doesnt do anything
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yup major lag im trying to put my traders up and it just does nothing for like 5+ minutes feels like its gonna crash or something.

[IMG]

Andarriel
    Zynt, Shamatize and Fenthen like this.
  19. Demendred Lorekeeper

crashed multiple times while zoning tonight. How long do we have to deal with this.. This has been happening at least since beta of COV.
    Zynt likes this.
  20. Barbarylion New Member

FV down? or just the new and improved lag I pay monthly for?
    Zynt, Shamatize, WeezFv and 3 others like this.