[FV] Epic and mercenary questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zippie, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Zippie Journeyman

I'm currently playing a 77 Shadowknight, 64 Enchanter, and 61 Bard.

Yes I know. Enchanter and bard together is WTF, but my brother wanted to play a bard after I already had the enchanter in my setup, and I know that it will be beneficial later on having the enchanter.

We are running with a healer merc and two dps mercs currently. All accounts are gold, so we use journeyman 1 mercenaries. Will upgrade to Journeyman 5 as soon as possible.

I already have my epic 1.0 for the SK, and I fully intend to work towards getting the 2.0 when I can.

Questions:
    1. Should we work on getting epics for the Bard at all?
    2. If yes, then should we go for the 1.0 first, or skip straight to the 1.5 prequest for Bard?
    3. Should we work on getting epics for the Enchanter at all?
    4. If yes, then should we go for the 1.0 first, or skip straight to the 1.5 prequest for Enchanter?
    5. These are non-heroic characters. Are they able to get the journeyman 5 mercenary quest in Feerrott, or do they have to do the old journman 5 quest?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

We play on FV, so if you have epic quest parts collecting dust in your bank, taking up space, and want to give it to someone for free (we have next to no plat other than what the loyalist npc gives us lol), hit me up.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The J5 mer quest - "No heroism without Fear"can be done by any character level 85 and up.

For now - Go do the Warrens version of the J5 - you can do that at level 75 and it will be fun for your group and then the SK will have a J5 - make that one the healer.

By the time your done with that then the other 2 will be level 85 and can do the easy version of the J5. The difference between your mercs now and the J5 will be amazing.

I advise against pre - questing any epic since its so easy to just go the full path, and less hang ups. And its usually a good idea to get the epics for all characters, if nothing else buy a house and hang it on the wall. But its like the father teaching the kid how to ride a bike - a right of passage.

Doesn't the daily kill 5 hot zone give you guys plat (along with armor and exp ) on FV? Run through about 4 of those near your level each day, sell the drops and you should have more than enough plat.
  3. Zippie Journeyman

Four of them each day? I'm confused. I thought you could only take the daily Teak quest once per day per character.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The two Teeks - one gives you kill 5 of a mob in a zone - the other guy gives you an HA and ports you to the quest giver.

So the first Teek - Franklin - gives those kill 5 in "hot zones" which are bonus exp so long as you kill in that zone. So if you go to him and accept as many of the tasks as you want to do - then they stay in your quest list till you have done them. If you only ask for one then that is all you can do till the next day. If you accept 6 then they will stay in there for as long as you want. Or until you do them.

So you ask for the ones for say level 75-70-65-60 which covers your group range. The bard and chanter can't get the 70 and 75 one but you can go lower for them and get say 50 and 55 - may as well get those on sk too. extra plat is extra plat.
  5. Zippie Journeyman

So, you can accept more than one of those quests per day then as long as you ask for them all upfront instead of one after another as you complete them? I did not know that.
  6. Zippie Journeyman

I went and read up on the J5 Merc quest in SoD, and that looks like fun. I'll probably do that tonight, and then go Teak questing.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

the SK epic is worth doing ..
    the bard Epic 1.5 and 2.0 are worth doing
    Ench epic not worth doing unless you just want the gratifying "i did my epics" line.. and the /ach completed ..
    most epics 1.0's are not worth doing and are most the time a hassle .. unless you just like "i did my epics" and /ach done..

SK
    shaman
    Bard
    Necro
    bst maybe
    monk maybe ..
    of course this is for live servers TLP is a different story all together..
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

All the "j5s" are the same brosef. The one from the "warrens" isn't less or more powerful than the ones from HoT quest.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Right the only difference being the Warrens version can be done at level 75 as opposed to waiting till 85 for the HOT version.
  10. Zippie Journeyman

So.... I went to do the quest line in the Warrens, and the level 84+ mobs one shot my group. It was sooooo fun. BAM! Loading please wait.

After that, I went back to doing the daily quests lol.
  11. Zamiam Augur

Your group above ^ 77 SK and 67 Ench is a bit low for that zone if your ench was higher you would be ok with CC .. but at lvl 67 your mez's are not gonna work ..

a full group of lvl 75+ players and 3 mercs even J1 mercs should be able to handle the lvl 80+ mobs with good CC .. some of those tasks iirc require CC if your lower lvl .. and the group task at end you def need DPS ..

if you have a high lvl guildie who could help you out or even someone from /general would help out alot ..
    I would help you , but I do not play on FV sorry .. if you find yourself on bertox look me up ..