Future TLP's: Pause race changes to new race for launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Jul 20, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

It would be a neat feature if, for new race releases, there was a 2-week period where players cannot race change to the new release. The idea is to see people race to the top. On Agnarr, it really only would have pertained to Iksars and Frogs. But it would have been one of those small things that's fun to follow even if you're not partaking in the race.

For example, Kunark launches Oct 1... you have to wait until Oct 14 to race change. So there's a 2 week race to the top from level 1!
    discordkitty and Krezzy like this.
  2. Krezzy Augur

There would need to be way to prevent power-leveling. Otherwise, the race would be over in a day or so.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  3. EULAguy New Member

Eh, power leveling would still require some effort in game.

Currently it's whoever throws down their credit card faster for the potion and logs in first :p
  4. Machentoo Augur

Since it is an arbitrary "race" to begin with, why not just make the race "first newly rolled iksar to 60". There is exactly as much glory in winning this race as first iksar to 60--none.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or lowest /played to 60 to allow people who can't play the second the expansion drops to take place :p
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well power gaming is normal in eq. Cant say this is necessary at all.

Its more about seeing frogs or iksars slowly creeping into the higher level scene. Or for those who make a new toon to have a micro competition.
  7. Groans Augur

Yes turn off the 25 buck race change guys, you dont want that money :)
  8. TLP Addict Augur

I doubt more than a small percentage of people really give a about people race changing to Iksar on day one of Kunark.

I was under the impression that in the past the policy was that nobody could race change until the first player did 1-max lvl as that race but I guess they dropped that policy for recent TLPs. Possibly due to the afformentioned lack of being given.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Forever too right!?
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thats interesting if they did it... and dropped it.

Maybe it took to long?

I don't know. Maybe some forumquesters cried they couldn't buy that max iksar on day 1... shame. Well, at least Pantheon is about to enter pre-early access-alpha if you pledge at least three figures.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Not as simple as that. If they are on at any point, I could buy one and bank it until I'm ready to use it. So they would have to spend more dev time to code this so it could be turned off for a period of time, which is not a really wise use of limited Dev time (especially since it would mean less revenue . . . . I could see them spending time on something that would provide a new revenue stream over time (e.g., bags) because that would eventually pay for itself. This wouldn't)
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yeah. New bags. Thats what were all dying to see, isnt it?
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I think the reward should go to the last to 60.