fury of ro line completely jacked

Discussion in 'Casters' started by svann, Oct 18, 2017.

1. svann Augur

Someone correct me if I have the numbers wrong.
    I think they forgot to include the hastened part and something else. I used to have a 15min recast and they each would last 8.5min (iirc). So I could let ro run down to 1 minute left and hit kerafyrm and when that ran down to 1min then cycle back to ro. So this way I would always have one or the other up and for a minute they would both be up. Now, it lasts only 4 min and recasts in 20 min. Its like they nerfed all aspects.

Ok I could accept a nerf, but they claimed to include hastened fury of the gods in the consolidation and its obviously not functioning.
  2. kizant Augur

It's a ptetty nice increase to burn dps.
  3. svann Augur

Im also trying to figure out why the duration went from 8.5min to 4min. Did spell casting reinforcement used to lengthen the duration of this aa?
  4. smash Augur

Some haste was 3 min per rank.. i think 2 min per rank now....
  5. kizant Augur

They were lasting for 10 minutes because of spell casting reinforcement. That no longer works with the new version. And yeah, the hastening of the gods AA that used to exist was decreasing re-use by 3 mins per rank and it is now 2 mins. There were 3 ranks of that.

You could ask if the reinforcement change was intentional. That wasn't clear from the patch notes but based on the increase they gave the ability I have to imagine it was factored in.
    svann likes this.
  6. Mookus Augur

My Sustained Devastation AA hotkey poofed on me this patch.
  7. kizant Augur

Think of it this way. They took an ability that you shouldn't be using anyway and turned it into something to make one of our best abilities 22% better. ie FD now has 55 counters.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Mookus Augur

Well that is good news. I didn't see any mention of where those AA points went in the message. Was this there?
  9. kizant Augur

Looks like it wasn't spelled out in the notes either. It was talked about a bit when it went to Test last week so I didn't really look at the patch notes that closely.
  10. Venau Augur

Need your help with something. This scenario is, of course, prior to the most recent patch:

1) Whiz-Banger passive crite rate= 48% (45 from AA, 2 innate, 1 from DoN Progression)

2) This scenario occurs with an at least semi competent raid force that chains at least 2-3 Spices during burn phase (Spice lasts 1:39 each)

3) Click Sustained= More charges at a much smaller mana penalty. Sustained added 26% crit rate. The maths look like this: 48% passive + 26% from Sustained + 33% Spice= Everything u cast is a crit.

4) Click Frenzied= Significantly less charges at a significantly higher mana penalty (19% VS 50%). Frenzied added a 55%ish(?) increase in crit rate. The maths look like this: 48% passive + 55% Frenzied + 33% Spice= Everything u cast is a crit.

Clearly, in this example, Sustained will produce more dmg at less mana. Why on Earth is this not being called out? OR...am I missing something here? Please elaborate if so.
    Beimeith and Yinla like this.
  11. Brohg Augur

Spice+ some combination of IoG, Wolf, Vesagran, FierceEye = 100%
    Frenzied + CoP4 = 100%, and has 30% higher critical multiplier
  12. kizant Augur

Like Brohg mentioned, you're leaving out the crit damage modifier aren't you? Sustained only added +45% crit damage and frenzied actually does 80%. It's over 30%. So, in a very short fight there's really no contest. It makes sense to use FD.

Now, in a longer fight, like you're describing, I would argue for saving FD for when your crit rate is at the very lowest. Either use it at the start when you have a minute+ before your burn or wait until those 2 or 3 Auspice have finished. The best thing about FD is that you don't need anything else and your crit rate is almost max. I think for most EOK raids you're going to have some time frame where you have little to no ADPS. I'm not saying there's zero cases where Sustained could make sense, I just don't see it being very often. You'd have to have a pretty specific scenario.
  13. kizant Augur

I'll also add that I think this ties in with the thread about DPS checks. Some guilds are completely lost and have zero coordination. Their DPS is just terrible. Then some learn basic coordination and do a pretty nice burn but outside of that their DPS falls off to nothing. Often you'll see people having to be told when to burn and they tend to save things way too much.They might be good at that dps check but they'll fail at something dumb because they're just taking too long and mistakes start to happen.

I think the ideal situation is to get everyone to self manage their DPS to the point where you're keeping it consistently high throughout the entire event. That means learning how much you really need at each step. You probably don't need to burn at 100% for some of those 'burn' phases. Do the 80% or 92% or whatever you figure out you need and spread the rest around for everything else. It'll make almost everything easier.
    gotwar likes this.
  14. Venau Augur

I was, yes. I didn't really want to get this in depth was just trying to point out that this could be very unfriendly to whiz-bangers that are anything but max geared and mana is of genuine concern to them.

So...as far as the critical dmg multipliers go...let's dig deeper:)

Frenzied created 45 casts that were all crits and added 80% overcrit. 45 x 80= 3600 overcrit.

Sustained created 58 casts. For simplicity lets look at what the first 45 would create for overcrit: 45 x 45= 2025.

Thusfar...Frenzied is the clear winner.

Now let's look at what the additional 13 guaranteed crit casts will give you via overcrit created by Sustained AA. 13 x 45= 585. So now with the entirety of Sustained charges used.....we have 2025 + 585= 2610.

Thusfar...Frenzied is the clear winner. 3600 is certainly greater than 2610.

Now let's explore a commonly overlooked factor!! Sustained is guaranteeing you 13 more charges at 100% crit rate during burn phase in a competent raid force that at the very least chains a few Spices! When a nuke crits....what happens...the base dmg is doubled....(let's not dig too deeply here and get derailed with focus, etc) and an AA line called Destructive Fury applies over 300% overcrit to those additional 13 casts.

So let's put this together.

Scenario Frenzied: Your 45 casts are up. You lose all benefit from the AA line. You'll still crit. and prlly over half of the time cuz you should have a bit of ADPS running somewhere hopefully.

Scenario Sustained: You begin casting your additional 13 guaranteed critting casts that apply at least 330% overcrit to them via Destructive Fury. If you only gain 4 crits over the guy that's done with his Frenzied (4 x 330= 1320 overcrit) you will have become exposed to more critical dmg multiplier over the 58 casts mentioned here. AND most importantly..you will have saved a good amount of mana!

To clarify: When I say burn phase i'm referring to the point when your raid leader says "hit this mob with everything u got right naaaaw!"
  15. gotwar Gotcharms

If you have an Enchanter and a Druid:

GBW + IoG + Auspice + Base = 103% for 2 minutes
    GBW + Enchanter Third Spire (when IoG fades)+ Auspice + Base = 100% lasting until the 3:30 mark.
    GBW + Auspice + Base = 91% Lasting until whenever your Auspice fades.
    Pop FD when Auspice fades, back @ 100% crit rate for X casts.

Just pointing out that you keep using the phrase "Competent raid force," so I would assume this force includes at least an Enchanter and a Druid or two. With two Druids you can run 100% GBW uptime on a Wizard group. A group of Wizards that communicates should be able to run 100% crit for a large portion of an encounter if utilizing things properly.

I think Kiz admitted above there may be one or two niche scenarios where it's relevant, but that they'd be few and far between. FD was pretty much always the better choice.
    kizant and Brohg like this.
  16. Venau Augur

So would it be correct to assume that close to 100% Black wolf up time mostly alleviates any mana concerns for a decently geared whiz-banger?
  17. kizant Augur

In your general case sustained could work out better, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm trying to point out that your overall DPS would suffer. That abilities should be spread out better and that most of these arbitrary 'burn' phases like you're describing don't really exist. Vault is a good example where it has dervishes you want strong DPS for but you don't want to wipe on the initial adds either because you're saving too much.

The mana concern is real but I'd have to question what else is going on to alleviate that. I assume you'd have a paragon or two? Start hitting all the clickies early. Like as soon as you're below 95%. Using gambit every time it's up and lots of claw casts once ITC is done? If you're having a serious mana issue in a long 20 minute fight I'd consider reducing AA nuke usage when your crit rate is down and maybe switching to fleshburner/tome of obulus or something that has at least one good mana proc. Sustained could help to a point I just don't think it would be my first choice. And I've done done the 20+ min raid thing enough on the Test server where even then mana isn't that serious an issue unless you die. You just have to be very aggressive with mana recovery options.
    gotwar likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they should either reduce the cooldown on fury abit or increase the duration.

That said, if they really want to consolidate something they could consolidate our AA-force-nukes, IF(and only if) they reduce the cooldown, so that we can still fire an AA-nuke as often as we are used to.
    I have all the force nukes bound to the same spam-key anyway, and I don't really care which one I cast(save for some exotic invulnerability mechanic, like that fire-imp in xorbb).
  19. Venau Augur

Nice info's Ty!
  20. Venau Augur

Perfect. Ty for humoring me. Believe it or not the goal was to potentially help the whiz-banger class by pointing this out to Devs:) I guess it's mission fail? I guess this is why necro's don't help whiz-bangers and whiz-bangers don't help us? :D:)