Fun Solution for Bot groups.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigfan, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Bigfan Augur

Many years ago, there was an option to load as a random npc in newbie zones.
    Please bring that back, but for random npc in any zone, free to play option.

Would be super trolly, but fun!

(npcs that you spawned as were not able to type but could level)
    Funk and Yinla like this.
  2. eqzekisdead Augur

3. Bigfan Augur

Adding to it, any populated zone, not raid/instance warrior type npc only, random named(or could even have dbcash option to spawn as named for revenue?).

It was really fun doing it on test, I believe it was before dodh? Still would be fun to act like an npc only to get to the group, ignore the tank and lay waste to the healers.

Would make people think twice about what they are doing, and would bring some people back to game to goof off and just generally have fun again.
  4. fransisco Augur

It was fun for the fe days it was live. But it made playing newbies literally impossible. You had player "mobs" corpse camping, ganging up on newbies, ect.
    It was basically impossible to make a new character.

If that happened today in RoS, it would be greifing central.
    Gialana likes this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

I just miss being able to give the skellys in Nektulos forest weapons and such. Was such fun watching the suprise from newbies who attacked them. It was not all mean. If they managed to kill said skell, they got a decent weapon out of it.
    Zamiam likes this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

I personally never gave a modrod to a newbie explaining that it gave mana if right clicked.
  7. Ninelder Augur

My favourite trick i stumbled upon in EoK was done just farming the collections from the giants at the fort. I would charm a giant at the gate and have it attack its buddy but keep the one giant, give it pet toys and buff it up, which included falcons(runspeed 9, see invis.) I would also NET it which caused a bug where it would be a tiny giant when NET wore off.

Eventually I would have to take a break or die or whatever, and my pet would go free, back to his spot at the entrance to the giant fort. See invis tiny nuker geared like a mage pet with runspeed nine and 60bazillion hps instead of a normal easy to see giant with bad eyesight.

Mind you I had done this dozens of times trying to farm the collections from those giants, they were a real PITA to farm. One day after returning from a wipe I see in ooc, OMG who buffed this monster up its taken out my entire group! At that point I realized I had probably killed dozens of people who were just running through, trying to do their progression without ever intending to do so. Gave me a big long laugh.
  8. Kolani Augur

I'm always interested in how many people claim to have participated in an incredibly brief project that never made it off the Test Server in the fall of 2001. I've had EQ players who were literally either in diapers or not born yet tell me how awesomesauce Project M was, like they actually played it.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It was pretty cool. I think I only ever got the EC kodiak once but it was pretty effective, especially when teamed up with a few other animals running around as a roving death squad, mostly just fire beetles in qeynos/freeport though.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Project M was so great. I killed a wizard in West Commonlands as an orc.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I played Project M. I was a snake. My skill at kicking was unmatched.