Full RoF Maps - Project MapQuest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

As promised, though late, here is the full release of RoF maps:

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/mapquest/RoF_Full.zip

These contain full labeling of all NPCs, with notations.

Note on the maps:

Base Layer: Geometry, Proper Names of locations, and zone lines.
    Layer 1: Quest Givers, merchants, misc.
    Layer 2: Named mobs. "(Named)"
    Layer 3: Quest related NPCs, groundspawns, and location updates. These are marked with a "(Q)" for easier searching.

Labels are colored the same color as the level they are on, so if you see a Green label, it will be on the green level. This makes it much easier to locate a specific npc when there are multiple levels in a zone. Trust me.

Here is a preview of Chapterhouse, using the noted Height Filter of 50/50:

Level 1:
    [IMG]

Level 2 (Below Level 1):
    [IMG]

Level 3 (Basement Level):
    [IMG]
    Adaire, Leerah, Liliana and 4 others like this.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thanks Beimeith, excellent job as always
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

In Shard's Landing, the Shardtenders and the Envokers are double listed (once in the base and once in layer 3). Is this intended in case someone wants to turn off the Quest stuff?
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No that sounds like a mistake. I'll look at it.
  5. yaddab Augur

Nice work, thanks :)
  6. Tordail Elder

Really well done. Thank you!
  7. Recnarp Augur

Good stuff.
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

Thanks Beimeith :)
  9. Warpiggs Augur

Thank you :)
  10. Candara New Member

Beimeith these are awesome. Thanks.

I must have missed this somewhere else, but where is the link for the ongoing Mapquest project? IE. the maps for pre-RoF? I want to stay up to date on that and download as they are posted.

Cheers
  11. Leerah Augur

Black on grey! Sweet! Anyone know what happened with Mapfiend.net this time?
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The only thing with the maps I don't like is the labels on the base level. I'm fine with zone lines being there, but the only way to get rid of them is to turn off labels, but then that removes the labels of the layer I want to look at. Also I'm really missing the quest NPCs being in bluey/grey and the NPCs related to a quest being in green. It used to make them so much easier to find.

I'm pleased to see you haven't been using layer 3, this is always where I put my personal notes. Things like ground spawns, where we stand on raids, NPCs used in quests etc.

A few more layers being available would be nice....pleeeeeeease Mr Developer. :)
  13. wingz-83 Augur

Thanks for these!....
    Found that Galurg in EW for questgiver isn't on it. He's outside the orc fort near the bunny trap
  14. Liliana Augur

Amazing! Thank you!
  15. Talif Augur

Setup a tinyurl for this so I don't have to keep hunting down this thread: tinyurl.com/eqmaps
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Umm... actually they do use layer 3; just so happens they used it for the same stuff as what you did.

I'm still kind of split on the Quest NPCs, I am kind of liking all the labels being the same color as the level they are on; but do somewhat miss the ease of spotting this or that quest item/npc.
    I will probably eventually get around to changing the various black levels to another color, dependent upon the zone (I use a UI mod that makes the map see thru and span my whole screen).

As long as we are asking the Dev/Coders to add/change things, I wouldn't mind an option to hide certain colors on a map. The Height Filter is nice but there are times it hides too much or too little.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats why some of my maps have double labels! I should go through and delete the duplicates but its really not that much of an issue.

I just hope SOE don't push anymore maps live which overwrite the ones I have modified, without warning. I should really back my map file up more often. I don't want to have to go through again and switch which layer labels are on so they function as I need them to.
  18. Riou EQResource

I just have a folder in my map folder that I use and use that set of map files in game instead of default, once picked in game it seems to pick that always, except if make a new alt or different server or something (but that's easy to just select it in the drop down box on the map ui piece)
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You do know that you could instead just make a subfolder in your maps folder, Yinla's Maps; copy and paste your current map folder to the Yinla's Maps folder; and then choose Yinla's Maps from the dropdown list on your Map window in game. At that point all changes you make now and in the future in game would affect the maps in the Yinla's Maps folder; so when SOE does do the next push of maps it will have no effect on you and your maps.
  20. Gladare Augur

It's a bit tedious to change over and over but there is an option to change how much the height filter hides.