FTP type 5 augs why not the same rotation as visible gear?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warpeace, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Warpeace Augur

Why are there so few type 5 aug choices for FTP accounts? Last expansion type 5 augs were non-Prestige was TBM? Why do augs not follow the same path as visible gear?
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

To encourage people to subscribe.
    Fenthen, Nennius, Stymie and 4 others like this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The sole reason why there were even non-Prestige type 5 augs in TBM was because of the nature of the TBM armor being intended for level 75-105 players with the augments from the vendors being how you increased your stats to the intended tier and level range.

Since it was announced that EQ would move to a F2P model with a subscription option, augments have always been on the subscription required side with very specific exceptions.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

I honestly believe that the explanation should be self evident. Think about it for a second from a business point of view.
  5. Colt4954 Journeyman

Honestly, I would like to see them release an updated version of these. Not anywhere near modern type 5 but double the value on the current f2p ones and release them as part of the next expansion.
    Ssdar likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Until you follow what they do with every other piece of gear that FTP can use. Here we are with NoS and if you own the expansion, you are getting gear upgrades as a FTP again.

Lifetime subs were a terrible business choice, and they did that.

If its a business choice add an aug unlocker like they did with spells in the past.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

Or just spend the 10 bucks a month on a game you can spend hundreds of hours playing.
    Andarriel and CatsPaws like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

There's a reason i dont like FTP. give me give me give me.