From Character Select to Game taking effin Ages ! AB

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by heruthemonk, Mar 23, 2017.

1. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

:mad:

So 2-4 minutes to get from Character Select to game

Today , in a different location , have been hanging on character select for 3-5 minutes also.

I am not the only one guildies also complaining of this rubbish

What is Going on Daybreak - this is appalling - you only took servers down yesterday for maintenance ? Maintenance generally means you are working to make things better....
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Drusi Augur

I too noticed mega slow Character Select -> Game

I thought maybe my ISP was having issues

However it seems solely a login problem, the game otherwise seems okay.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

To be honest I think the one thing the will sway players away from EQ is stability issues.
    They seem to be capable of making good expansions, but that won't matter if people loose faith in DBGs ability to run a stable server park.
    My old guild lost about half of its members last year, when AB had severe stability issues, I would hate to see that again. :(
    Its a great game and it deserves better servers than this imho.

On the plus side, it seems like the client crashes when zoning, are gone. :)
  4. Stell_CT Elder

Same issue for quite some time logging in to Cazic from char select. I thought it was my ISP as well. 3-5 mins on average. Once in game, no problem.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Thought it was clientside as well, maybe not.
  6. Tertoon3 Journeyman

I have never had this problem yet. I load in three accounts at the same time as well, and it has not been slow for me
  7. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'm not on AB but I've had this problem for years now. I play on Test and FV primarily but have toons on the Rathe, Xegony, BREKT and played on Quarm recently as well. Every server I played on I had the same issue where it takes forever to load in from character select.

I have an AMD Athlon 2 945 quad core 3ghz, 16 GB of DDR 3, an MSI Geforce 750ti 2 GB PCI-E video card and my primary drive is a 250gb 7200 RPM SATA 3. My internet is with Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) and I get 100 mbps down and 10 mbps up.

Zoning works fine, everything in game works fine but logging in has been a long pain in the butt for quite awhile now and I wish there was some way to expedite the process as I hate taking 5 or more minutes per character to log into the game.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Had the issue yesterday/this morning then I reran the patcher (stopped using the patchme shortcut). Downloaded a quick file and load times into the game are back to normal.

Did you actually patch after the downtime yesterday? I know you could bypass the launcher and get in without it but it might be what is causing your problems.
  9. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

welp , thanks Bobbybick , I repatched and seems ok now !

maybe I shoulda tried first , but so used to using my desktop link to avoid patcher
  10. Zaph Augur

Ive managed to obtain this nonsense too, taking ages to load up, it just sits there after character select, my character is in game, just takes me AAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEESSSSS to actually load in.

not sure if its related, but since last but one patch ive also been suffering from EQgame.exe maxing out one of my CPUs, causing sound corruption until I unset affinity to more cores (should EQgame.exe really take a gig of memory to run?)