Froglok Monk, Woodelf Beastlord (Dev Question)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Graystone, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Graystone Journeyman

Just a quick question for the Devs - Since the two class/race combos in the title were not actually part of an expansion but released after a poll will they be available once the class goes lives with the correct class/race release expansion (ie Luclin for BST and LoY for Frogloks?)

Been asking around in game and no one seems to really know, and I think the only person who would truly know would be one of the Devs. (Roshen, come tell meeee)
  2. Bumpkin Augur

It's likely, considering halflings can currently be paladins even though they couldn't be paladins in classic.
  3. Graystone Journeyman

That's what I'm hoping! If not, my main will be a berserker. But if they are going to be in, it'll be a tough choice between Froglok Monk or a woodie BST
  4. br3333nt Journeyman

5. Freki Augur

well at the very least if the class and race combination is available then they probably will allow it. currently in classic we have wood elves... but no beast lords. we do not have frogloks but we do have monks... again once what ever is not there becomes available you will probably be able to play that combination.

they have said some changes as time went on was meant to "back fill" which means that if it was thought to have been needed in the original classic, they kept it. if not it will come around when it happens...

it is also possible they will wait till that combination was truly intrduced... I though believe the former, for example: the beastlord class was introduced in luclin, and thus wood elves will be able to be beastlords. (just a guess)
  6. Bumpkin Augur

It's pretty unlikely they won't allow all combinations that are currently on live. Once the race is unlocked, it's safe to assume all classes will be unlocked with them. I doubt DBG cares enough about something so minor to change the coding for 1 server.
  7. Greymere Augur

Is Froglok Monk somehow delayed because the trainer/questgivers are in a zone other than the Froglok starter city?
  8. Prathun Developer

Good catch. This was an error. We'll change the data so that Froglok Monks and Wood Elf Beastlords are available when CotF opens and not VoA.
    Trazzlo and Kolani like this.
  9. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Any chance we could get this changed to release when the class/race does? Cause really what is the point? We got halfling paladins/rangers at launch.
    Barton likes this.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

That's so far in the future as to be likely post-merge or post-apocalyptic player dropoff for these servers. I think policy has really compromised fun for classicity, for not allowing beastlord and berserker on the server day one. Can't we leave the extreme classicity to P99 where it belongs?
    Trazzlo, Agrippa and Barton like this.
  11. Iila Augur

lol
    Owned.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Versifier Elder

While you are changing that data would it be possible to add the proper starting cities to those class and race combos? as it is now Wood Elf Beastlords cannot pick Kelethin and Froglok Monks cannot pick Mountains of Rathe as starting cities.
  13. Feradach Augur

They have stated that was intended. I can't recall the exact reasoning, but it has been addressed.
  14. Zapsos Augur

Not wanting to go back and add a whole nother line of guildmasters, spellvendors and newbie quests
  15. Slambit Journeyman

Please make the class/race combo open when the class opens, like wood elf beastlord when luclin opens, even as tempting as that racechange potion sale might be in the future :)
  16. Liquid Augur

Froglok monk seems just wrong IMO..but the race seems like something to kill, and not to be.
  17. Feradach Augur

That's right. It also makes sense why the combos wouldn't be unlocked when the race/class becomes available then. No Crescent Reach, no wood elf beasts or froglok monks.
  18. Trazzlo Elder

I dunno, I like Froglok monks. Especially when served warm, with butter and some garlic.
    Liquid likes this.