Friends List

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beggly, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Beggly Augur

Time and again, I've wished over the years that the friends list included some sort of simple note section so that we could give a couple of words as to WHY we were making somebody a friend. Does anyone else think about this? Does Sony have any indication that this might be a feature players want and can they somehow incorperate it?
    Sinestra and RekMMO like this.
  2. shiftie Augur

I actually carry around a little notebook IRL where I mark down why I am friends with people, it is a pretty fool proof method.
    RekMMO likes this.
  3. doktartp Augur

my friends list = people i dont like. I remember my friends cause they are worth my time.
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

That's....not at all why that's there really.

It's there so you can hit a button and do a /who for every single one of them at a time to see which ones are online rather than having to "/who Soandso" for each and every one of them or "/tell Soandso blah blah blah blah xp blah" and be greeted with "Player is not online"

That being said, I do agree, if you can't remember who they are, and why they are there, you probably aren't really friends with them and you probably don't need them on that list. Unless you're mega popular and friends with everyone or have memory problems or something.

That isn't to say this wouldn't be a decent idea though.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

When you are new or making new friends; it does kind of help to be able to know why you added someone to your list. I know very few people who are going to wait until they are actually friends with someone before adding them to their friends list. It is more commonly used to find good group members again. So when I do /who all friend and get a list of which of the people on my friends list is online, I recognize my real friends but may need a hit to jog my memory about who good grouper234 is or who Helpgiver1 is.
    Sinestra and RekMMO like this.
  6. Drakophine New Member

For the time being you could use /note though.
  7. Drewie Augur

The Friend List could be remade based on the Guild Window model. First, it would not be tiny-sized and not resizeable like it is, displaying "Frie..." and "Igno..." instead of "Friends" and "Ignored". Then, more information could be available, like Level / Class / Last On / Current Zone. Also it would be nice to be able to set an "Alt" Flag on some friends since you can have the same person 5 times in the list, with the main character and 4 alts. The "Show offline" and "Hide Alts" options from the Guild Window would then make sense in the Friend List, too. The "Personal Note" field could be used to type whatever could be related to that friend

Also, I'd like to see "Friend Guilds" added to the Friend List. I have an alt in a family guild with only a few members online at any time, I'd like to able to see who's online through the Friend List instead of having to type something like "/who all <guildname>" after checking my Friend List.
    RekMMO likes this.