Frenzied vs Twisted Chance

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bealum, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Szilent Augur

If an inflection point is interpreted to exist there, it's in favor of Frenzied Stabbing as any further dex gains benefit the disc that isn't crit chance capped.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

So my basic takeaway from this is that as your Crit Chance nears 100%, Frenzied overtakes Twisted. To the point that if you are consistently at 100%, Twisted no longer provides much DPS benefit. This might actually lead to Cloaking Speed Disc becoming part of standard burn rotation, at the loss of overall disc uptime (which isn't really a great metric if one of those discs isn't doing anything).
  3. Szilent Augur

No. Nope. Definitely not this part.

Frenzied having an edge in the head-to-head between the two most powerful disciplines does not mean the other most powerful discipline is suddenly crap more than twice as bad as Cloaking Speed. Cloaking Speed is, prima facie, Not Good. Besides a bit of proc nonsense, Cloaking is some HHE that has only a baaare edge over Ruaabri/Dissident, and is fully redundant with Strike Fury procs from autoattacking.

In this Avatar of War battle, the rogue represented effectively HAD Cloaking Speed over half the time, all while operating a normal-hass disc rotation:
    [IMG]
    Bahdah likes this.
  4. Szilent Augur

also you're solidly misunderstanding this.

with all else standing the same, it would take 4200 hDex to be at full crits without Twisted, and that only for the overlapping durations of Ancestral Aid + Auspice. Taking away either of those jacks the "target" number immensely, like by 100s & 1000s
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Ah, I misread the part about TC being part of the current 100% crit calculation. My statement isn't necessarily false, just unreachable at the moment though :D (i.e. a disc that gives +crit chance when you are already over 100% crit chance would have limited, if any, benefit)
  6. Szilent Augur

a disc that gave only crit chance would be of no benefit. That's the warrior situation with Mighty Strike discipline with sufficient dex or buffs; warriors who are up against that use Charge Discipline instead for no misses. Twisted Chance discipline is already Mighty Strike plus Charge all in one. Unless something new happens on timer 4 that isn't Cloaking Speed, TC is going to be it for a long long time.
  7. Kaeelrie on Luclin New Member

I always start my burn with TC then follow with FS, my Diss is always in use. I have ran into a few Rogues that run that set up. was a good read :)
    Winnowyl likes this.