Frenzied Swipes AA bugged?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Catashe, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Catashe Augur

The Beastlord AA Frenzied Swipes states "This ability, when activated, reduces the reuse time of your Round Kick skill by 3 seconds for 30 seconds." for Rank 1

according to my logs and also the EQ UI... The cooldown of Round Kick is 4 seconds... When you click Frenzied Swipes.. the cooldown definitely isn't reduced by 3 seconds.. according to logs it MAYBE be reduced by 1 second but that might just be time lag.. The EQ UI still shows shows cooldown at 4 seconds while activated.. its either bugged or the wording show be "reduced the reuse time TO 3 seconds" although that would make sense if rank 2 is also bugged cause that says reduces the reuse time of your Round Kick skill by 4 seconds.

So just wondering if its just me or if its actually bugged
  2. Riou EQResource

I think this SPA (227) might be doing something close to a

reduction = (base1 / 2)

so since it's at 3 base1 it should only be reducing it by 1.5? seconds down to around 2.5s

The monk Heel line that uses the same SPA has a 7 base1 value with a ~4s base flying kick, which reduces it to ~0.5s (as seen by sometimes 2 wu procs per second ["procs" on every base punch/kick skill lines use])

But parsers and maybe dzarn assume it is/was/supposed to be 1 base1 = 1s?

So I guess the solution would be to bump the base1 to maybe 6? (Or fix the SPA and fix the other things on it :p)
  3. Sancus Augur

1 base 1 is equal to 1 second. The cooldown of skills like round kick is hastened, and SPA 227 is applied pre-haste.

For example, on my betabuff Beastlord with no haste, the cooldown is ~8 seconds, adding Frenzied Swipes III reduces the cooldown to ~4 seconds. Adding belt haste (43%) brings the cooldown to ~3 seconds, and going to haste cap (100% additional haste) brings the cooldown to ~2 seconds. At the haste cap without Frenzied Swipes, the cooldown is ~4 seconds.

Basically the formula is doing (Recast - SPA_227) / (1 + Haste%).
    Riou likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Ahh yea, forgot about the Haste part on those, I guess it is just a misleading description, when maybe it should mention Base or something like Overhaste does
  5. Catashe Augur

I'm almost sorry I asked cause now my head hurts trying to understand that but yea I didn't even think about haste... Sorry
  6. Skrata New Member

Haste should have nothing to do with this .. its a set timer on reuse haste doesnt make it refresh any quicker it is bugged aa should be 1 sec on reuse when the aa is active and it is not reducing cooldown AT ALL
  7. Riou EQResource

Haste does reduce it, and the SPA it uses works pre-haste, just like Sancus posted
    Sancus likes this.