Freezing at Character Select Screen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Williamrex, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Williamrex New Member

I can get to character selection screen but the game freezes when I click "enter world" It stays frozen for several minutes and then I get the older log in screen. Logging in on that screen takes me back to character selection and the cycle starts over.

I am able to create a new character but it still freezes when I try to enter the game. I have also tried other servers with the same result. I have tried characters that are parked in multiple zone (Guild Lobby, Plane of Knowledge, and Bazaar) with the same result.

If it matters, I have an all access account.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds like the issue everyone was having late last night and early this morning. Have you restarted your computer? Maybe do a file verification. They have fixed the servers
  3. Williamrex New Member

I have restarted my computer a few times. I will look into a file verification. Thanks.
  4. Williamrex New Member

File verification did not help so I uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same issue.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are quite a few possibilities.

Windows and certain Anti Virus programs did updates in the last week so check your firewall, av and other setting to make sure one of them didn't flip over and start blocking EQ.

Check your connection - if its easy to reset modem then might want to do that.

Since its all your characters then its not likely to be a corrupt zone or character file. Maybe a graphic conflict issue.

Can you log in when you bypass the patcher?

Here are directions on how to do that

https://articles.eqresource.com/bypasslaunchpad.php

You can also find the eq.exe file by right clicking your EQ icon on desktop and selecting open file location then go on from there.
  6. Williamrex New Member

Thanks for the suggestions CatsPaws. Unfortunately, it still freezes at the same point. I'm going to give it a rest and hope tomorrow is a better day.
  7. Sarkaukar Augur

What you have described is a network issue, which can be within your system, your ISP or the pathing between your ISP to the servers.

Reboot modem/router.

Windows 10

Hold down the Windows Key and press X.
    Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    When the command prompt opens, type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    Reboot your computer.

Windows 7

Hold down the Windows key and press R (this will open the Run dialogue).
    Type cmd and press Enter (this will open a command prompt).
    Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    Reboot the computer.