Free Zek transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BlackVZ, Aug 13, 2017.

1. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Is this a possibility? To any server i dont care which one. The population is so low and I see other servers sometimes getting free transfers. It would just be nice to actually see people every once and awhile when playing.
  2. Bobsmith Augur

Buy the server transfer token with free dgc, and then transfer. Tada
    Hostility likes this.
  3. Reval Augur

God Dang it Bobby!

People have more than one toon on the same account. If you made lots of toons it could take years to transfer them all that way, plus shouldn't these people be rewarded with the same daybreak cash you are instead of it being a "wrong server, oh well" scenario?

Honestly at this point just make server transfers free forever. Why the hell not? Let's look at this:

-Many people aren't really satisfied with the server they are on
    -You could make these people more happy by giving them a chance to play on other servers.

-Many people have friends that over time spread out a lot.
    -You could give them a reasonable chance to play the game with those friends on off raid nights.

-Many people are stuck in a situation where they cannot raid easily on their current server. Maybe the top end raid guild on their server is full or not accepting apps, but another guild on another server could really use them, and they don't honestly know which server and where that is. You can't honestly tell until you're there sometimes what the situation is. Don't pull crap on me, you know this to be true. Sure there is a recruitment board, but you don't really "know" what a guild is like, what their needs are, what their culture is, if you're a good fit or not, until you see it all firsthand.
    -So imagine if everyone got a greater chance to experience that. Imagine if you were guildless, how much better it would be if you could just go around through all the servers looking at guilds, the people in guilds, how they raid etc firsthand instead of through a second hand explanation of someone who's motivation is to get you to go there. Imagine how much better your decision could be. Imagine how much better that would be for the game. Imagine how much better that would be period. But who wants to spend hundreds of dollars doing that?

So just make all transfers free. It's for your own good.
    Tweak and Bobsmith like this.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

That seems really reasonable. Zek is 100% dead. They could even close down the server at this point it wouldn't matter. I used to play there but paid to transfer ALL of my big chars off. transfer to FV. It's a lively and vibrant server. You'll be glad you did.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Ya I guess that was more pmy oint, I have paided to move all of my higher level characters off, but I have so many mid level chars and it's not feasible to move like 3-5 chars per account.

Also I agree the server just needs to be put to rest, there can't be more than like 50 at the absolute most people on at one time.
  6. eqzekisdead Augur

I have been waiting for this for years. Zek is so dead and broken it should be happening any day now.

Why is it taking so long? Don't the devs or GMs realize that there are NO GUILDS left on zek? What are they waiting for?

I paid to have my main moved but there are 8+ alts just rotting there waiting.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Tweak Journeyman

Can we hurry up and get this done please?? At this point Im just starting to get flat out irritated with you DB. The entire server tried for several months to weed out hackers and you made ZERO effort to work with us. Countless videos and petitions were sent in showing the sorry state of Zek and you guys just sat on your hands. I recently went an entire week without seeing a single in range person to PVP...an...entire...week. The general chat didn't reach over 30 players for almost a month. Recently someone has taken all the afk toons in the top of the PoK library (of which there are about 30) and put them into gen chat as a further effort to make the server seem less dead. How SAD is that??? STOP sitting on your hands regarding Zek and throw us a bone already. While you are at it why don't you try actually listening to the people playing EQ and give us the progression pvp server we all keep asking for. Work smarter, not harder.
    Questerian_Zek and Hostility like this.
  8. Tweak Journeyman

So...any word Daybreak? We are still over here waiting for our transfers off your failed server. A response would be nice. Cant get one here..cant get one from a petition. Whats the deal? You act as if free transfers would be a bad thing. The only bad thing is people quitting because they don't want to start over and don't want to continue playing on a dead trampled on server. Way to listen to your player base. I've seen a lot of Zek players asking you guys to fix the server or provide transfers..maybe stop blowing us off.
    Questerian_Zek likes this.
  9. smash Augur

Why should they give free transfers. It is losing money if they do.
  10. Reval Augur

losing more if they don't.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

cant you free transfer to Test.
  12. Questerian_Zek New Member

Free transfers wouldn't have ever been necessary if SOE or Daybreak put a weeks worth of work into the server fixing stuff. Took 13 years to get raids instanced so we could use AOE's / Mezzes, not accidentally being killed by a rogue during a raid. I wouldn't/wont pay to move my chars off the server, they wont give me a free transfer, so, how about a merger? Merge us with a bloody blue server, or FV. Soe/Daybreak is the reason the server is dead as Jimmy Hoffa, so why should/do I have to pay (to move my character) for their failures as a company?