Free to silver to gold

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tweelis, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Tweelis Augur

My daughter recently started playing EQ with me. Her account is currently free but we're looking at upgrading it to silver in the next week or so. What I'm wondering is do I need to purchase the "upgrade to silver" thing from the SC store or can I purchase anything from the SC store that's 500SC or more and still get the silver status on her account?

I'm wondering this because if buying the 500SC thing or upgrading to gold (for one month) are the only options I'll just do that but if purchasing something like the shared bottle of adventure III on her account will also get her to silver status that would be better IMO.

I'm also wondering about /claim for accounts that have upgraded from free to silver. My son and wife are currently enjoying a silver account and have a lot of /claim rewards like a roboboar. My daughter would like a mount. I promised her a silver upgrade at level 20. So I'm wondering if she'll get some of the nice /claim goodies at silver like my wife and son or if things like the roboboar will be additional purchases.

Thanks.
  2. Saphfyre Elder

If you go the Station Cash route, you must by the 500SC Silver Membership from the store. You cannot just spend 500SC on anything and get the upgrade.

Going Gold for at least 1 month will put the account in Silver status after your Gold time runs out.

I am not sure about the /claim items.
  3. Sostenes Augur

The free mount, bag, exp potions etc is only for new (free or paid) accounts that have never logged into a game, or accounts that have not logged into a game for 180 days.

It would be sad to have your daughter start from scratch, but she'd get a whole;e bunch of stuff for free if she did. Could make her experience more enjoyable though?

This is all she could get, by clicking at the link below, which in turn, gives me a lil in game bonus too for recuiting lol

You go to the link, EQ is pre-selected, and you put in your account info (Note it's soe.com a.k.a. Sony Online Entertainment, so you can trust them with your account info). Make sure you're logged out of your old account on soe.com if you're making a new one! If you're making a new account, or haven't logged in your old account in 180 days or more you'll get a Free Welcome Package which includes:

Armored Battle Shire Saddle

8 Consigned Complete Armor Bundles - 8 complete sets of Defiant-equivalent armor (Helm, Chest, Arms, Bracer, Legs, Gloves, and Boots - All the armor you need to level 85.)
    14 XP potions
    20-slot Rucksack of the Adventurer

Velium Weapon Ornament

You also get for free if you didn't already claim them:

Familiar: Emerald Sokokar which bestows 350hp and 350mana
    Scepter of Draconic Calling which teleports you to Crescent Reach
    10 Potions of Speed (movement speed)
    3 Packages of Defiant Armor (each provides a single piece of appropriate Defiant armor as opposed to the complete bundles which provide 7 pieces each)
    Scabbard of Hope (an appropriate Defiant weapon)
    Book of Knowledge (5 charges of teleport to the Plane of Knowledge)
    20 Bayle Marks (pays for your mercenary for 15 mins each so 2,000pp at level 100)

You'll find all this for free in /claim when you log in if you have not already claimed them previously.

Feel free to make as many free accounts as you like.

https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smlanding.action?iId=7BYCCPNXDBTPSEVQU3Q9&gamecode=EQ
  4. Tweelis Augur

Thanks for the info Sostenes.

I tried the link but after entering my daughter's info I got the We're sorry, but you are unable to sign up for a Station Account at this time.

Is it safe to assume this was because of her birthday/age? If so can I make another one with my birthday.
  5. Sostenes Augur

Yea, per the Privacy Policy:

B. FOR KIDS - UNDER AGE 13
    The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act imposes certain rules regarding our collection, use and disclosure of personal information from children under the age of 13 ("Children" and individually each, a "Child"). As a result, special terms applying to children under 13 are included within our Privacy Policy. We ask that parents and guardians ("Parents") monitor and restrict their Children's access to and use of The Station to the games and services we offer for Children, such as the subsite www.freerealms. com, where we have set-up additional protection and parental controls.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

For characters reaching level 85, going gold also gets you all the AAs up to Underfoot and level 85.
  7. Samatman Augur

8. --Voodoo-- Augur

Most claim items are from expansion purchases. There's a handful that all accounts get (no mount unfortunately), and some from special promotions, and any loot cards redeemed from LoN show up there.

Upgrading to Silver/Gold (unless there's some promotion running) doesn't offer anything extra directly. But Gold (recurring at least) does give 500 SC and 5 LoN packs.

There's likely to be some promotions and sales offered during the upcoming anniversary, so maybe wait a few weeks before making any decisions. Also, it looks like the EQ Worlds app is offering a mount reward, though I think you need Facebook and/or Twitter to do it.