FREE Heroic Character – Until March 31, 2017

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Adrihaen New Member

One a new account, it worked for me. Now this is an account registered for another DBG but never signed into EQ before so that may be what's needed. This time I had to create the character and enter the game before getting the option to upgrade from the character sheet. So, I think that makes three different ways I've upgraded a character or created one. An existing one from its character sheet, a new one when entering the game and the last a new one from its character sheet. Couldn't check out more due to constant disconnects. I assume there are so many entering the game or something since I get in but not quite in completely.
  2. Lisard Silly

QUESTION: do we have to use this free heroic character before the 31st? or can we save it for a later day?
  3. Ksenija Elder

Can confirm this is still not working with brand new accounts Paid with credit card.
  4. Rhaage Augur

According to Roshen:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ntil-march-31-2017.239044/page-3#post-3516836
  5. Tucoh Augur

Very generous of DBG to do this, and I think their generosity will be repaid in people making new accounts or activating old ones.
  6. Fohpo Augur

Bunch of people already bought a sub or used a Krono last night.
    disgruntled likes this.
  7. Cleaver Augur

It would if new accounts actually got it, but as of right now it does not work on them.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

When it comes to a new All Access account this does not seem to working.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have done the same. Tried different computers. Logged all the way out even rebooted the computer. It still does not award the heroic on a new all access account.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

While it is very nice let's remember that Daybreak is a business and I would assume all decisions are made from a business perspective.

The free heroics are much appreciated and yes I think they may bring some players back to the game and since everyone who takes advantage of the offer will have a level 85 toon it will help get most of the game population concentrated into the last 20 levels of the game. I think that will be a good thing so I think it is a smart idea for Daybreak to offer these free heroics.

Thank you Daybreak for a good business decision. I hope it does increase the number of active paid accounts. I have already seen a few people return to the game because of it so it is working.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Gnomeland Augur

A level 85 character is a long, long ways from the end game today. Unless you have a way to power level, in which case getting a level 85 character, takes about a day.
  12. Cyvster New Member

Yeah, not working with new accounts. I've logged all the way in and out of the game multiple times. It worked fine on all of my old accounts.

Also, I haven't seen it stated anywhere that all access is required for this promotion. I think a lot of people are assuming they need all access since it isn't working properly for new accounts.
  13. Geroblue Augur

I have gotten my free HC on a silver account.
    disgruntled likes this.
  14. Geroblue Augur

Didn't the announcement say 'accounts you havef active or used in the past' ? I don't think it mentioned brand new accoutns just started after the anniversary started. I'm willing to find out differently.
  15. Gialana Augur

Yes. Part of the announcement said new accounts could also get the free merc if they were also All Access
  16. Zamiam Augur

I logged in all my 11 accounts 3 of them are paid all access 6 of them are silver and the last 2 were totally free .. all accounts are old the last one was created about a year ago . all of my accounts got the free HC after i logged into game and then relogged to character select. the last 2 accounts that are free ive never paid for anything on those accounts no sub no marketplace purchases nada and they still got it.. as far as a new account i have not tried , but I did read that new accounts would require a current sub . hopefully after reading this post and seeing all the peeps having issues that DB fixes the problem.. I wouldnt mind creating 1 or 2 more accounts and subbing for a month for a free HC .. jmo ..
  17. Cyvster New Member

I reread the announcement and found the part about new accounts requiring all access:
    https://www.everquest.com/news/free-heroic-character-eq-18th-anniversary
    So, I got all access with the new account I created, logged all the way in, all the way out, and I still don't have a heroic character :(
  18. Gialana Augur

Unfortunately, that appears to be a common occurrence. Hopefully it will be fixed, soon.
  19. Ethereal Augur

New accounts don't seem to be getting awarded the free heroic character. At least not ones upgraded to all access via krono. I haven't tried paying yet....
  20. Zamiam Augur

the promotion is going till end of month .. im sure DB will fix it (hopefully)before then .. if you used a krono your paid for 30days so as long as DB fixes it you should be fine