Free Anniversary Heroic Character Question?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Irishblooded, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Irishblooded New Member

Saw the email stating that they are giving away a free level 85 character to all players.

Do you have to be a pay member to get this? Or free player? Logged into my free account which only has 1 character on it, and 1 open slot. Didn't give me the option to start this way.

Any help appreciated!
  2. Kolamer Journeyman

Free accounts can get it. You have to log onto a character before you get the free heroic character flag on your account though.
  3. Rhaage Augur

Free players can get it if the account has previously been logged in to the world.

If you had (have) at least 1 character that existed prior to today when you logged in you should have gotten a "blah blah 1 heroic character" message when your character loaded into the world.

once you make it into the world you can log back out (to a different server even) and either upgrade the existing character or create a new heroic character.
  4. Carv New Member

So a couple of followup questions to this:
    1. I upgraded my necro to Heroic, my account is Silver and it shows I have 5028/1000 AA's. are all the AA's with points in them working?
    2. I have a second account which I can put a heroic character on, what would be a good choice considering the AA limitation?
    3. Can i get the J5 mercs on my heroic characters?
    Thanks in advance!
  5. Rhaage Augur

1. Yes, and if you use a krono or buy a subscription and earn additional AA those stay as well.

2. Very much depends on play style. There are a variety of choices. In my personal experience Shaman, Druid and Bard seem the common choices. Shaman will give you good heals and their dots work well with necro dots and can do root rot if you exp that way. Druid will get you ports, heals and good damage if you are a fan of kiting. A bard can add decent crowd control, good pulls and melee damage. Some would prefer to always use a PC tank over a pet so a SK/War/Pal could also be a good 2nd toon and with recent changes that allow pets to tank with melee pc's in combat and changes that have helped tank mercs be more effective a rogue or zerker to damage while the pet/mercenary tanks are plausible.

3. yes, complete the "No Heroism without Fear" quest.
    Carv likes this.
  6. Rhaage Augur

7. Carv New Member

Excellent, thanks very much Rhaage!
  8. Gialana Augur

Regarding question 3, as Rhaage says you can complete that quest to flag your character to have access to all Journeymen mercs. However, in order to hire a J5 merc, your account must be All Access. Silver accounts are limited to A5, I believe. Also, if you go All Access and hire Journeyman merc but let your account lapse, you won't be able to pop the J merc until you re-up your account.
  9. Irishblooded New Member

Just to make sure though. It is just 1 heroic toon total that you get though? Not like 1 per server or something like that right?
  10. Geroblue Augur

One per account.
  11. CapeMike4 New Member

So, if we're just creating an account today(game's downloading/installing in the background as I type this), the upgrade option will appear, right? I'll just have to remember to use it before it's too late...at the same time, I haven't played in YEARS...so I dunno if upgrading what would be my main would do more harm than good....