Not A Bug Fragment of Legendary Alaran History do not drop from green or gray cons

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Waldagar, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Waldagar Augur

Since my other thread was locked before I could add additional information you are getting another thread. Are the fragments dropping on Tunare? Yes they are. I ran a 110 toon over and one dropped after clearing on room. With a 115 toon I have yest to see one after three, 2 hours sessions. Either I has incredibly bad luck on my 115 toon or there is something that prevents them from dropping from mobs that are gray and green cons.
    Boze, Mukkul, Winnowyl and 3 others like this.
  2. Yorag Journeyman

I have been clearing the conscripted in the Alaran caves in Shards Landing for over two weeks. Hundreds of mobs per day and haven't had one Fragment of Legendary Alaran History drop. I am level 114 right now and the mobs are all green to me.
    When I was doing this at 110 I was getting 1 or 2 drops per clearing. I really do think that something is not working correctly. This is not just bad luck with the RNG.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The RNG on this item dropping can feel especially cruel.

Whilst I was getting mine completed I would usually grind for 6-8 hours at a time & get anywhere between just 1 & 6 fragments in that timespan.

Seeing none in a 2 hour timespan on multiple days doesn't surprise me in the least, I saw that very frequently I could grind for 5 hours straight with not one single Fragment and then see a couple drop in rapid succession (30 minutes apart is rapid for these).

That was at level 100.

I think your best option is running the pillars tasks at least that way you can get 4 in around as many hours or less.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Go to Heart of Fear: The Epicenter. See older threads on this topic.
  5. Yorag Journeyman

Another 3 hours of clearing Alarans in the caves today, probably over 350 killed and not one Fragment dropped.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is not a bug and is working as intended. These will not drop from green or grey con NPCs.
    GNOME_POWER and CatsPaws like this.
  7. Monkman Augur

How does that system work Ngreth? It seems odd that a con determines a loot table. Is there a way to bypass this by having a lower level toon in group?
    Duder likes this.
  8. Sancus Augur

Alarans that drop these were only included in two expansions, Veil of Alaris and Rain of Fear, during which the level cap was 95 and 100, respectively.

While it may be working as intended, is it really intentional that one can reach a level where it is no longer possible to complete the Tear of Alaris?

I suppose there are the Pillars quests, but there really should be some way to level this outside of that.
    Vumad, Kuvani, yepmetoo and 6 others like this.
  9. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

It sounds exactly like trivial loot code, which has existed for most of the everquest franchise timeline. It was created so higher levels couldnt steamroll content and take all drops. You cant bypass it by having a lower level in the group. The highest player controls the loot, if a player can't get exp anymore then the TLC applies and it cant drop said items. I think it used to be magic and or lore, but that may have changed. It's not used often. It existed in the add on content of the warrens and stonebrunt. The entire FV at one point had it, but i dont think thats still the case.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

That said it doesnt really make sense to not allow an item to be leveled up when the original way was only by killing. If you cant get xp you cant be leveling it. They added the fragments as rarer drops, but if they dont drop anymore. Outside of doing the Pillars quest, there really wouldnt be a legitimate way of getting them overall which is silly
    Vumad likes this.
  11. Aegir Augur

At lv 115, you can probably cycle the pillars shared tasks faster than any other means of farming fragments.

If you farming for multiple chars, it's even better.
    lockjaws likes this.
  12. Daedly Augur

This is disappointing. Stopping people from getting them through killing mobs because they are too high level is just yuck.
    It would be nice if there was a list of any and all items like this, or a message in the lore of the item inspect description. Any normal person would assume this is a bug and don't think it's fair to the players for them to waste hours of their time because there was no way for them to know about it.

That being said, I doubt you are gonna change your mind, so maybe it's time to add them to the current expac loot table? Seems like a fair compromise.
    Vumad, FubarEQ, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  13. svann Augur

As I remember it TLC was tried and abandoned pretty quickly.
    lockjaws likes this.
  14. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

It lasted for a few years in select places. It still exists but i doubt has been used in years. I dont know if the warrens and stonebrunt still use it or not though. Im not saying anything of how it was received and why they abandoned it, im just saying it sounds like that is the code they used for those items.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They should just make a repeatable kill-quest:

requirement: all pillars-quests must have been completed at least once(Pillar-partisan-achievement?).
    kill 50 alarans(any non-quest-npc alaran in any zone, those instant-respawn quest-npc's shouldn't count)
    reward: one fragment.

It would remove the RNG-devil from the equation, and will probably be a better player experience. If they want to make it a timesink, just pick a larger number of kills for the quest, or give the quest a lockout-timer.
    lockjaws, Vumad, Winnowyl and 2 others like this.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

If Epicenter has gone green/grey the it's the only way.

Epicenter swarming is the fastest way up to level 106 (dark blues) and 101 (turn light blue).
    forum troll likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

So it's working as intended...that doesn't mean it's a good idea to leave it that way.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would shrouding with a higher level work for this ?
    Vumad and Wulfhere like this.
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you somehow make the right decision and rescind this trivial loot code, go ahead and rescind it from beryl hero's forge items while you're at it :p
    lockjaws, Mukkul, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

In theory yes, if you do out-of-group power leveling of a character (max shroud level is 70) and that toon gets all the experience from the kills, then the items should drop for them. In this case (deep) red con is better then blue con for chance to drop fragments too. Then just give the items to the higher level character.

Very clunky loot handling issues would arise (like waiting until corpses unlock) in this scenario. I would use /advloot and select "leave all" (on corpse) to release all the loot. Then the higher level toon can loot immediately by clicking all the corpses. If you're worried about in-zone ninja looters, then you can more carefully pass the loot to the other toon via /advloot shinanagans.
    lockjaws and Yinla like this.