FPS Lockup of about 1 second after Killing mobs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by reallyconfused, Apr 17, 2019.

1. MMOer Augur

This was driving me nuts. Horrible. Makes the game almost unplayable.

Turning off log is a temp fix but then you do not have your log file which makes the game suck in a different way. For sure caused by the chat patch as that is when it started for me.

This needs to be addressed and fixed asap.
  2. MMOer Augur

This guy on reddit figured it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/bf5rzz/persistent_lag_in_lower_guk/elb364i/

Are you logging? Do you have NPC casting messages on? Are you running Microsoft's AV (Windows Defender in 10, Microsoft Security Essentials in previous versions)?
    If you answered yes to all three, what is happening is that whenever a mob casts the cleric buff center, your log will look like Mob begins to cast <center>. For whatever reason, this triggers the AV to parse your log file as HTML. If you have a multiple megabyte logfile, this can take a second or two even on a strong machine.
    The easiest solution is to add an exclusion in the AV for the directory in which your EQ logfiles live.
  3. Targin Journeyman

lol nothing casts center in zones that are over level 40ish that is not the issue, starting a new log file seems to fix it at least temporarily not sure if it was the hotfix patch or just logging on but I had to restart my log file again today.
  4. MMOer Augur

Try not to be a coffee pot. That was simply an example. This bug is due to the new changes in the linking of spells being cast in chat. This is a solution that fixes the issue until DBG can correct.
  5. Targin Journeyman

The issue with <Center> has always existed, didn't mean to come off as a jerk (or whatever a coffee pot is) I just didn't want people thinking that was the core of the problem because its certainly something deeper.
  6. Kursis Paracelsus Journeyman

I am having same issue. Started yesterday. Since the hotfix. Game unplayable. Also noted that almost no chat is coming through. or huge delay in chat.
  7. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Keep freezing up after killing creatures in the hole on Mangler server. the screen freezes for a second and keeps happening repeatedly for ten to twenty seconds. hope freezing is fixed if not going to have to quit the game. Freezing started happning after last update. freezing is not happening in toxx after killing creatures. I'm going to try kill other creatures in other zones to see if it happens more. the problem happens in both windows mode and full screen mode.
  8. Nerianie Apprentice

after the patch, faction standing message contains "A" tag in log file such as:

Code:
    [Mon Apr 22 09:01:32 2019] Your faction standing with <a Faction="1854">Empire of the Di`Zok</a> has been adjusted by -2.

it may be a cause of this issue.
    Chardok mobs hits 7 factions at once.

I'm not sure, i modified windows defender's settings to execlude eq logs. my lag spikes was fade away.