FPS Lockup of about 1 second after Killing mobs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by reallyconfused, Apr 17, 2019.

1. reallyconfused New Member

Currently experience FPS/Client lock after killing literally any monster in The Overthere (original) on Live server - specifically Scorpikis.
  2. Yirrara Journeyman

I have the same after today's patch - not neccessary after I kill mobs (maybe after others kill mobs, not sure, happens also when walking around) - in gnome memorial mountain.
  3. Stephen51 Augur

Same happening here, though it feels like longer than a second. Some have it on Xegony, and some, don't. I am wondering if it is a setting that needs to be changed?
  4. Nightmares Augur

same in GoD and OoW zones. took me about 10 min to do final hand in for 2.0 on berserker in RCoD, and that was just getting the npc to access the trade as it was frozen(not exaggerating about the time it took either. time of zone-in and time of invis drop for hand in vs when it was actually taken is 9 min and roughly 40 sec(closed EQ as it's just horribly laggy atm)).
  5. blazick New Member

same huge lag spikes after each kill sometimes lasting 15-20 after a kill. Thought it might have something to do with advanced looting but turning it off didnt help.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm having issues on Povar with a lag spike every time a mob is engaged and again when it dies. These can last for several seconds. Turning off my logs worked to solve it, but this is certainly not a long-term fix. What changed?
  7. Krugzy New Member

I am also experiencing this on agnarr, even when targeting a mob and casting spells as well ill lag for a few seconds. Did not have this problem last night when i played
  8. Tyroid New Member

I am suffering this as well. Its unplayable for me.
  9. Odii New Member

turn logging off

/log off
    some people think it is due to the spells having a clicky link
    Stephen51 likes this.
  10. Sundevil New Member

I'm having the same problem. It has something to do with faction message when we kill things. Was in GMM and got a 4 second spike with every mob. Went to OT after that and did not get the lag spike on rhinos, tigers, golems, oh my. When I killed dogs and sarnaks, I got the same 4 second lag spike (both of these have faction message upon killing).

I went back to GMM and had the same problem as before. Turned log off and problem went away.

Problem started just today. And I play on Xegony.

faction message = lag spike.
  11. Minrye New Member

Game is extremely laggy during NPC kills, loots, mercensary stance changes, faction changes ETC...
  12. RandyLahey Elder

Same. Turned off logging. No more lag.
    Minrye likes this.
  13. Targin Journeyman

Why is there no Dev response to this already? Even if it is only a "We are aware of the issues with log files and looking into it".
  14. Anastasis Elder

Turning off logging appears to solve the issue, but then GINA won't work if no messages written to log file. :(
  15. RandyLahey Elder

That's a good question
  16. Zipe The Healer

Still no Dev response to this issue?
    Anyone got a workaround besides /log off?

:(
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

If you're using Win10 (and possibly 8, 8.1, or 7) Windows seems to have reverted any changes and exclusions made on Windows Defender. Once I re-excluded my EQ folder, it's worked smoothly with logs on ever since.
  18. Targin Journeyman

It appears deleting or renaming your existing log file so a new one is made may fix this issue (did for me).
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Chandon New Member

I hope you all fix this soon. Before, I'd only get this kind of slow frame rate stuttering when raiding in tight quarters, with a ton of data flowing to my logs. It prompted me to build 2 new computers with Raid-0 SSD's which helped somewhat. Now.... To see it even worse when just 1 mob dies. Noting that up until the mob dies, things run smoothly. This is more then simply a logging issue. Please fix as this makes play very difficult. Like... Trying to mez an incoming mob with my enchanter just as another one dies.... Whoops nothing works for a few seconds and someone in my group goes down.
  20. reallyconfused New Member

Still no dev response on this, and the patch notes for the hotfix don't mention it.... Are the devs even aware that they broke something...