forums slowing down lately?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Jun 24, 2020.

1. svann Augur

Is it me or have the forums got slow as mud lately? Click a forum or thread and get 5-10 seconds of "read platform twitter" and then "waiting on forums.daybreakgames.com". Sometimes its quick, but often not. Whats going on?
    Pawtato likes this.
  2. Gosan Kai Elder

They seem fine to me. Might be your ISP.
  3. Grove Augur

I have found the forums sometimes run slowly. In fact, so slow that they seem to have locked. I have had to leave and come back later or reboot.
  4. Nadisia Augur

Yep Svann.
    Sometimes, it's slow, even super slow, and 15 or 30 minutes later, it's back to normal.
    Classic EQ hamsters and gerbils rotation. :)
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am getting the same thing, using Chrome I see a small indicator at the top right of my page indicating a delay in loading the page.

Has been like it ever since the data migration though it seems ok during UK daytime, in the evening it gets very bad.
  6. Tasi New Member

Its not just you, I dread coming to the forums because most days they remind me of how slow dial up used to be.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Same here. Not my connection cause other webpages and forums are super fast. Even just clicking on it to open, I will go to another site on another window while waiting.
  8. Febb Augur

They probably have the site running on a single web daemon and it can't keep up with all the traffic. They need to look into virtualization so they can run multiple daemons.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Things got worse when they moved to their new data center recently. They probably paid for the $20/month plan when they should have come off their phat loot and got the $25 plan.
    CatsPaws likes this.