Fortitude & Foresight Conflict

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Denial_Sinfae, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Denial_Sinfae Augur

When you pop fortitude on a Warrior, the shaman dodge buff Foresight drops. It's one of the longer duration, useful desired buffs in game.

Can the strip there be removed? Seems a bit outdated, just like snaring yourself was on Defense at level 55.

Thanks for any consideration!
    Bigstomp likes this.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This would be a welcomed change!! Their effects don't have to stack, but if the spells themselves can stack with out overwriting Foresight, that would be awesome!!
  3. Shadows Journeyman

A highly welcomed change this would be, indeed.

Sometimes, I'll forget about the overwrite, and after Fortitude wears off, I'll be like, "Hmm, am I taking more damage here?" and think I'm just seeing things... And then it's like, "Oh......... Right..."
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Really even if they stack stack there's no harm. You go from dodging virtually every hit to dodging virtually every hit. But you don't lose a 2 hour beneficial buff.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

As an extremely minor point to your very valid request.

Original Defensive (54) didn't snare. I reduced Melee damage output. It wasn't until GoD and level 65 that introduced Stonewall. Which removed the damage reduction penalty on defensive and swapped it with a snare. Final Stand in TSS removed all the negative effects from warrior's defensive line.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

This would be a nice change. It's been like this for a long long time and I can't see a reason for one to knock the other off when other buffs all stack now and the best takes effect.
  7. Jondalar Augur

8. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I am Elkar the Shadow Knight from Xegony and I would like to see this changed as well.
  9. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I haven't used Furious on my war in like 4 years. I am missing last 2 or 3 ranks of hastened, but maxed on hastened Fort. The two are on the same timer.

Last night when I popped Furious, Fort didn't show as down. Not sure yet if this happens every time. But if some kind soul looks at it for the stacking issue, please also take a look at that. I suppose other people who play a war could confirm if it's a recurring issue.

I know something does the same thing with the Scowl line, I think it's the Opportunistic Strike line? The timer is in use, but not everything on that timer is shown as down.
  10. DaciksBB Augur

visual glitch, Fort really was down but because it's on a shorter timer, it won't show its on cooldown until the cooldown for that entire timer is lower than what it's cooldown shows. You get similar results by clicking Hiatus amd looking at Breather