Former player coming back after 15 yr hiatus

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FERRUSLUPUS, Dec 11, 2017.

1. FERRUSLUPUS New Member

Hi all, consider me a noob for these questions as I haven’t played EQ since early 2003 I think. Friends were telling me about progress servers and got me desired to go back into this evil game. Pertinent facts is I am running on Ragefire with all Aces’s membership.
    So here are some things I am seeing and let me know if doing wrong or there are some default keys /tools to use to get moving.

1: created new character but I got sent straight to hometown. Cannot get into tutorial zone to refresh function and relearn how to play. This normal or there some other wa to get tutorial?

2: so now in hometown stand in front of trainer and give them the note I start with. They give me a chest piece then told go see so and so to help you get started. On 1 of the three I started with (hum wiz) this person I couldn’t find anywhere in the town or field nearby. ALso tried talking to bunch of other npc to find quests but no conversations or quests open. Maybe I not remember right but I thought that they had alarm overhead or way to determine who can give quests? Is either of this stuff right or I missing a setting or on ragefire it’s just kill stuff for and no old starter quests? Confused see as I don’t remember it this hard to get started.

3: noticed on a second and third character start that started same at home town and the person told to talk to I found but cannot talk to. Just get the red language about second guessing trying anything as if I /con them.

I know This sound repetitive and like I need hand holding, but am trying to figure out how it all works again after 15 yes almost to be able to progress and join with my friends. PS any other noob suggestions other than play tutorial I can’t seem to get too would be appreciated.
  2. Mad_Mikey Elder

You can run through the tutorial by creating a new character on a live server. It would take you maybe thirty minutes to get going with the mechanics of the game again. You don’t need to play it through to completion.
  3. Darchias Augur

So Ragefire should have the newbie armor quests up, so I don't know why you can't find the NPCs they talk about. Those quests are added in Luclin era unless I'm mistaken. I would test by making a Halfling Druid, the person you talk to (Bartle Barnick) is right outside next to a shady halfling. If he's not there than I guess those newbie quests aren't working.
  4. FERRUSLUPUS New Member

Started one . Talked to first guy then found Reebo.
    He was there. Only option was train skills 5 practices. I used them and no further directions Talked to bartle. Just options to buy baking ingreds
  5. Lhelith Journeyman

Are you hailing?
  6. Darchias Augur

Yeah you don't right-click to talk to someone in this game. You target them and press H.