Form of the Great Wolf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darchon_Xegony, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So I decided to use this spell the other day thinking I could move faster than SoW. To my surprise, this spell has no runspeed benefit. In fact, it has no benefits other than illusion. Being that this spell is the highest wolf form for Druids in Classic this doesn't make sense.

I checked the history of the spell and in 2015 these changes went in:

11/18/2015 - Slot 2 changed from 'Increase Movement Speed by 60%' to ''

11/18/2015 - Slot 3 changed from 'Increase Attack by 51' to ''

11/18/2015 - Slot 4 changed from 'Ultravision' to ''
    I assume this was a mistake?
    Paralyze likes this.
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It is likely this should have a separate illusion buff with it. Much like the enchanter illusions. Maybe it's not hitting you?
  3. Paralyze Journeyman

On TLP servers, the buff is nothing more than the illusion. Reading your post made me curious if the original intention was to remove the ATK buff, but oddly enough an ATK buff still persists on Form of the Hunter (but not Howler, which instead grants mana regen).

It would be nice if the wolf forms granted the illusion separate from stats so mana regen/sow on Howler for instance could persist through zoning.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was their original intent. Pushing the benefits from wolf forms onto illusion benefit buffs like many Enchanter illusions have. But they apparently pulled some of the benefits from a spell and never did this... would be nice if they could follow through and create benefit spells for all of the wolf forms.
  5. nostalgicfool Augur

This error should be corrected please make a bug report.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

Hm I remember using the clicky group wolf form bracer on my druid during Kunark era on Lockjaw to have a free group sow (and to pass locked doors, but that time is over /sigh) and it definitely felt like running faster in dungeons like OS, was I wrong ? Or isn't it the same wolf form ?
  7. snailish Augur

What's the whole picture of SoW type spells though?

Spirit of shrew was messed with iirc?

Where SoW can be cast was messed with?

What is wolf form doing on live? (one post sort of implies something is different for progression?)

Does the enchanter scaled wolf spell cast a separate speed buff that persists while zoning?

iirc, wolf forms and SoW had stacking issues in the past? (I recall being annoyed that my faster wolf form dropped on zoning and then I would be slow. So if I camped in a risky spot I would login needing to cast. But it has been ages...)

It does sound like a mistake was made, but it has been nearly 2 years since the changes cited.
  8. Bewts Augur

My guess is that all the other illusions create buff conflicts for various reasons. Having an illusion that doesn't create those conflicts may be the intent.
  9. nostalgicfool Augur

Was with a druid and i had to drop inkie illusion to get shared wolf form. Also the iksar tank was still and iksar but avatar got blocked by wolf form attack buf, he had wolf form (buf was on it s buf window) but he was still an iksar.
  10. Jahtw Journeyman

As far as I can tell, Form of the Great Wolf is the only wolf spell that isn't working as it should up through lvl 65. All the others provide a run speed modifer (and don't stack with SoW, unlike FotGW). Even Share FotGW works - i use it on my box for the atk buff regularly.
  11. Bewts Augur

Billy won't land if you have a higher level runspeed buff up, no?

Been a while since I paid attention if I had GWF up with Billy cast.

With all the stacking challenges as new buff lines came out, it wouldn't surprise me if they "solved" the illusion issue by simply stripping the new buff of benefits and only keeping the illusion.
  12. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Greater Wolf Form still blocks Avatar, which seems to indicate its supposed to be giving Atk.

It just doesnt do anything.