Forethought

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SilentMajority, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Garwin Lorekeeper

So basically you're asking someone to catalog every single post from the past week and tally up the sentiment, taking hours out of their day to do so. At which point you'll either deny it, or say that it doesn't matter because it doesn't represent the "silent majority"? Tell you what, how about you do that instead.
  2. Sethiroth Augur

You’re absolutely correct, if daybreak hadnt mentioned those words, it would be exactly as you say. However. They did say it, and that cat is well and truly out of the bag. If they don’t make selos into the casual server it should be, a huge percentage of this games population will never trust DB again

As for casuals who are happy with selos as is, I think I’ve seen two of them, and tbh, I’m suspicious of wether they actually are what I would view as casual.
  3. ShivanAngel Augur

how many of us actually trust DBG after what they have done over the past few years lol?
  4. Sethiroth Augur

Yeah, well, for me, that lack of trust means I won’t likely sub again to everquest.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

No it is not a safe assumption . It is just the one you want to make .

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ion-of-what-casual-players-want.254674/unread

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...unlocks-lockouts-are-not-casual.254689/unread

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...le-want-2-month-unlocks-on-selo.254400/unread
  6. Trox2010 Augur

And if you look at those peoples suggestion the would be happy/happier if Mangler was adjusted to Sell/Agnarr XP rates; hence the determination that general consensus that Sell is fine as is if DBG increases the XP rate on Mangler.

Sorry if I confused you when I used logic and common sense when I came to that determination. Granted this is also being based off the assumption that DBG is going to use some logic and common sense for once; long shot I know but anything is possible.
  7. ShivanAngel Augur

8. Barton The Mischievous

The proof is in those posts you want a number go count em up for yourself.
  9. ShivanAngel Augur

nonono thats not how it works

You want to prove something you do the research and counting... simply telling someone else to doesnt work

Im waiting,show me the proof
    TheRedBandit likes this.
  10. TheRedBandit Elder

Do your own research sheeple /s
  11. Ishbu Augur

If any truly casual person hasnt accepted that Mangler is most assuredly going to be the more casual ruleset and is still clinging to a mislabeled adjective from a month ago about something yet to go live, then that is on them for simply being too stubborn to adapt to the smallest of changes.

The general consensus among people who can actually use their brains, is that selo's is more or less fine for the crowd that it would appeal to and Mangler needs work.

This is coming from a currently casual player that is not interested in Selo's
  12. Garwin Lorekeeper

Interesting, so you claim one thing about the consensus, someone else disagrees, and then it's their job to support it? So basically your argument reduces to "no you shut up!"
    Elyani likes this.
  13. Sethiroth Augur

Your the only confused one mate. While a few people have indeed stated that they would also be happy if mangler was adjusted (as consolation) to suit a casual rule set, it was usually as a fallback position.

I know this because I’ve posted exactly this thought myself.

What I really want as a priority though is selos ruleset (with Luclin start - very important to me personally because I like Luclin and don’t enjoy kunark) with a 3 month lockout, though I’d also find a 2 month lockout acceptable, just.

But I would settle for mangler with selos exp and spawn rates.

Just like a small amount of hardcore players would settle for manglers with a one month lockout and the rest of the good stuff from selos ruleset.

Also, Don’t confuse confirmation bias for logic and common sense. The two are mutually exclusive.
  14. Sethiroth Augur

Well you say this, but you clearly haven’t being paying attention. When do daybreak ever do what is expected? Chances are, daybreak will spend a fortnight deliberating this entire farce, they will put 2 and 2 together and come out with 57.8 and come out with two completely different and dissapointing servers all round.
  15. Balderdash Lorekeeper

Just curious, but just who do you think will be the buyers on a sever that is going to require new gear every 4 weeks.? FV server has been functioning with fast exp and 6 month to 1 year new expansions, so plenty of time to budget a few Kronos a year to buy an upgrade or 2, but every 4 weeks?
  16. Balderdash Lorekeeper

I am very casual and I generally consent to the Selos rule set exactly as is because I won’t be playing it at all. Let the hardcore raiders have their playground for 6 to 12 months until the 21st anniversary TLP comes out. They would have to make some massive changes to Selos or Mangler before I would play on them and I don’t see that happening. Seriously, if I wanted to play behind in every expansion at a fast pace for 4 weeks at a time I would do it on live where I could box it and do it free to play
    Starr likes this.
  17. Ishbu Augur

This is fair. I should've stated that if we are giving DBG the benefit of doubt then...

Bold assumption on my part
    Sethiroth likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they increase the lockout timer its is not the server for me, if they start the 1 month lockout timer on Classic it is not the server.

Therefore I won't be playing on a TLP server.
  19. Sethiroth Augur

Tbf, a lot of people are saying the same thing about a lot of different scenarios regarding the new servers.
    Barton likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they leave Selos as is I will be there like a shot!

I do not have a lot of time to play on TLP servers (6 - 8 hours a week) and I'd like to make some progress to other expansions with my limited playtime. I have no plans to raid, so Selo as is is perfect for what I am looking for. Other servers I have tried have been to slow and grouping tails off towards the end of expansions.

My favourite race and class is Vah Shir beastord, that is what I want to create on day 1. This will be the first server that has been possible.

To me playing 6 - 8 hours a week is extremly casual.