Forethought

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SilentMajority, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Hateseeker Augur

yea, there will be a few BiS items that are megaexpensive, but your general raid armor slot items are what have the most impact on powering your character up, and people will need kronos to buy that stuff, but those things are not going to cost 30 krono each. I'm talking about, for example, your Thurgadin quest armor. I even think it might be possible to buy stuff like that for sub-krono platinum.

Yes I would expect certain weapons off the hardest encounters to cost a lot, but getting a good set of common but strong raid armor will do a lot for a lot of people.
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

Some items off the top of my head that will be super cheap and still rly good...

Vindi BP, Statue loots, insert ToV loot for raiders but amazing for group geared player item here. Insert Sraa weapon 120253452362362364 that dropped that is druid only that no one in the raid wants but would be amazing for your non raiding druid.

Sure Vulak loot like abashis rod and VT clickies will sell for a years salary or never be for sale. However you will be able to get really good loot at bargain prices that you normally wouldnt ever see.
  3. Xhieron Elder

Here's hoping. Even at krono+ prices, if there's one thing I've learned from 20 years of MMOs, it's that there's no better recipe for a crab bucket than a bunch of gamers flush with loot trying to undercut each other.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

I'm really not sure how Luclin will work, I've never raided in Luclin, not in-era anyway. But in PoP you'll have elemental armor, LoY sucks so let's skip that,GoD you'll have abysmal gear very available, Omens you'll have Anguish quest armor floating around (except the BP because OMM trips up a lot of people, especially casuals who aren't used to responding to in-raid messages that will wipe the raid if not everyone responds in seconds), DODH demiplane armor, and on it goes. If people can keep up with those suits as they come out they'll be well prepared for the expansions that follow and can really take a tour of EQ raiding history.
  5. ShivanAngel Augur

With only 4 week unlocks im curious how much extra gear will REALLY enter the economy. Elemental gear is usually heavily sought after for a while.
  6. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Great post. Your preferences for the casual server appears to be what almost every other casual wants
  7. Sethiroth Augur

No, it’s not the general consensus. Because if you actually paid attention to what was being said in the forums instead of mentally censoring everything you didn’t want to see, you would know that for every person who said selos was fine (because they wanted it be be a hard core server rather than it’s designation) there was someone who said it would be great IF they made the lockout timer longer.
    Barton likes this.
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

there are a lot of people happy with selos as is.
    There are an equal number of people that want selos with slightly larger unlocks.
    People cant get the "its meh casual server" out of their head which is DBG's fault for labeling it such.

Really worried DBG is going to try to make everyone happy and end up ruining both servers for all the people excited about something new. We have done the 3 4 6 month unlock things before.
  9. Sethiroth Augur

If they expand thelockout to two to three months I know they will make me happy lol
    Barton likes this.
  10. ShivanAngel Augur

I can live with 2 months, 3 is a game killer. I have done the 3 month thing 4 times now. If DBG takes anything away fromthis it should be that a large group wants something new, and another group wants the same TLP as before.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

Funny I have been paying attention to the forums and it is not the general consensus that Selo's is fine as is.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  12. ShivanAngel Augur

The general consensus is that Selo's is fine and should never have been labled as a casual server.

A very large group of players is stoked for selo's and something different.

Make mangler a phinigel clone and boom, you have your casual server. since it seems like a phinigel clone is essentially what amajority of the casual population wants. Maybe with higher exp and higher rare spawns.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

Nope sorry proof, I see a lot of people claiming that they know what everyone else wants and that they speak for the majority or vast numbers of people . Show me the proof.
  14. ShivanAngel Augur

sorry proof, you said its not the general consensus that Selo's is fine. Show me the proof
  15. Sethiroth Augur

That’s not the general consensus. General consensus means most people agree. In this case it’s a fairly even split between casual players who want the server as previously advertised (an actual casual friendly server), and hardcore players who want to adopt the server as is. Then there are a few out liers who want other things added or removed.
    Barton likes this.
  16. ShivanAngel Augur

If you look at other areas of discussion besides just the TLP forums...

Guild recruitment
    reddit
    etc

You will see that there are a lot of people getting ready to play on Selo's as is. Since those same people arent screaming about it on the TLP forums, and plan to play on it as is, it is a safe assumption they are fine with it.
  17. Sethiroth Augur

There are also a lot of people asking for change to the lockouts. You’re only seeing what you want to. The fact is, it’s pretty evenly split.

And yes, of course they are fine with it, they think they have hit the jackpot with daybreak’s dropped ball. It’s gonna be interesting to see how these people react if daybreak put some nice long timers on selos like they really should have from the start
    Barton likes this.
  18. ShivanAngel Augur

If you only look at the tlp forums I agree.

However like I said if you look at all the guild recruitment for selo's, as well as the reddit you will see that there are a lot of players ready to play on selos as is. Since like I said, the are not on the tlp forums screaming about changing the rules its pretty safe to assume they are happy with the ruleset.
  19. Sethiroth Augur

Nobody is arguing that a lot of hardcore players are happy with the server. My point of contention is that there are an equal amount of casual players (you know, the people the server is supposed to be created for) who would be just as happy to play on the server, if the lockouts are adjusted to where they should be.
    Barton likes this.
  20. ShivanAngel Augur

There are also casual players happy with the server as well. Not saying all of them, or even a majority.

I dont view myself as hardcore, although a lot of people would. This goes back to the argument of, no one can agree on the line or definition of hardcore vs casual.

If Selo's was not labeled as the casual server, there may be 1-2 posts on the front page about changing it, while the rest were about how stupid manglers ruleset is. If you focus on that aspect, you can see that labeling the servers was a mistake (although whats done is done), and changing mangler is the course of action that really needs to be taken here.
    Elyani likes this.