Foraging

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FawnTemplar, Feb 5, 2017.

1. FawnTemplar Augur

Dear Daybreak,

Giving Bards a higher skill at foraging than Druids and Rangers is stupid.

Faithfully yours,
    Fawn
    Andarriel, Barton, moogs and 9 others like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I agree with this. Rangers/Druids should be the masters of foraging, and should be able to equal a bards skill cap on this.
    Barton, disgruntled and Rivitt like this.
  3. Tereil Elder

Hm. Maybe the starving musician has mastered the art of looking king for food wherever he goes?

That is the only thing I can think of, DBGs jab at the starving artist?

However, I agree with you.
    Rivitt and Drusi like this.
  4. Imak Augur

For oohhhhh 15 years the pecking order remained the same:
    Tracking: Ranger > Druid > Bard
    Then one day, inexplicably, devs decided that druids needed to be the worst trackers, so bards got a huge skill upgrade.

For oohhhhh 15 years the pecking order remained the same:
    Foraging: Druid | Ranger > Bard
    Then one day, inexplicably, devs decided that druids needed to be the worst foragers, so bards got a huge skill upgrade.

Cuz reasons. Secret, mysterious reasons that are not to be discussed with the player base, despite a multitude of queries.
    moogs, Agrippa, Miss_Jackie and 4 others like this.
  5. Thraine Augur

I tend to agree that this is a little stupid. Even tho i like to see druids being the worst at everything .. this is a bit over the line ~
    Zaph likes this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Heh, oops! Someone made an over sight. :p
  7. Warbreaker New Member

I could also make the argument that the Shaman Class should have a higher forage skill then we do... Especially since we do alchemy and use a lot of plant based items in the alchemy. How is it that we cannot forage our items for alchemy?
  8. Tereil Elder

This...this makes too much sense. This kinda thinking, well...it could bring about the end of Norrath.
  9. mackal Augur

Maybe DRU/RNG haven't gotten skill cap increase (or AAs to) because they have double forage?
    menown and svann like this.
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

What does a very high skill in forage do anyway? I always assumed the higher your skill the more chance you had to get the more uncommon forages for that zone. Rangers and Druids have been able to succeed in getting something 100% of the time plus a guaranteed double forage for what seems like a long time now.
  11. fransisco Augur

The higher the skill, the more likely you are to get the rarer forage items in the zone instead of roots and berries
  12. Tadenea Augur

only problem is some of those rare drops are junk epic forage pieces etc and with Tskill stuff we want the more common stuff
    at skill 200 I believe is when forage comes no fail
    Personally I could care less if they have higher skill then us rangers. As long as we keep our no fail and double forage
  13. GoldenFrog Augur

Derail! He said *COULD* care less!
    svann and Miss_Jackie like this.
  14. FawnTemplar Augur

Okay well, when you need to forage something like Jungle Pineapples in a DoN zone you start to appreciate how much a higher skill would help. *Dear Devs, did you have to make 36 unique forages in those zones?*
    Rivitt likes this.
  15. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Not sure why bards have higher forage, my bard had 250 Forage in TBM, in EoK with the new AA you can get +100 skill and -50s on the reuse timer. So we cap at 300 with druids.
    Bards don't have a double forage AA, if that's any consolation.

According to this thread on EQT, you hit 100% forage chance at 200 skill, and there is some speculation that higher skill increases the ratio of rare items you find.
  16. Imak Augur

Druids cap at 265, not 300. Rangers also cap at only 265.
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's likely an oversight.
    As more and more of the game seems to be..... :(
    -R
    Rivitt likes this.
  18. Badhand Elder

I have been doing my foraging AAs on my Ranger because I saw that at max level it will reduce the timer by 1 min or 2/3 less then without the AAs. 90 seconds --> 30 seconds. And with double forage it really equates to 15 seconds per forage.

So I starting grinding levels 1,2,3,4 which increased the skill cap but when I went to do the AAs that reduce the timer, I found it didn't work. To the side it says "Racial Innate" under expansion but I'm guessing it is because I do not have the Broken Mirror or Empires of Kunark, just yet.

Who is the best if looking for foraging items like Lemming Fur or Branch of Planar Oak? I would still choose to be a ranger with 35 less skill and twice the speed. I am the best, for sure.
  19. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Ok, so bards cap at 250 and with the Foraging AA can get to 300.
  20. Orbital101 Augur

I had lots of foraging to do in the last 2 months and I do have a maxed ranger, druid, bard in forage up to EoK/with machette... and bards would be the last class I would use to mass forage a zone.
    Skuz and disgruntled like this.