Foraging Machette

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Recnarp, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Recnarp Augur

Skill Mod: Forage +10% (20 Max)

At 250 foraging we're only getting +2 skill mod. Could this be fixed?
  2. Falos Augur

Foraging is hardcapped so that it is 100 percent useless beyond 252 skill.

Even if your skill window said you had a foraging skill level of 800, you'd still only have the same effective skill at foraging of someone with a skill at 252.
  3. Recnarp Augur

Doesn't matter, should still give +20.
    Leerah likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

that would just be the ui lying to you then
  5. Gladare Augur

What exactly does having forage past 100 do? I've always wondered for years.
  6. Sebbina Augur

At 200 forage skill Base not ajusted for the machete, you always forage something, for Ranger/Druid there is a Progressive AA to provide a chance to forage 2 items (maxed always forage 2).
  7. Gladare Augur

I've never failed to forage something after 100 skill. That aa is called Nature's Bounty.
  8. artofnoise Augur

Same here. Any character with 100 skill gets something every time... it may not be what you wanted, but you get something.

I was always frustrated by the change to allow the lesser foraging folks (ie. anyone who buys the AA) a "chance" to forage the rares. From what I have seen over the years, the chances are the same with 50 skill (assuming you get something at all) or someone maxed at 250. The whole concept of "pro" foragers getting items that might be in demand for tradeskills ended long ago.

And thus, items like the Foraging Machette are not all that valuable IMHO. I still use one on my Bard but I assume it is simply a digital placebo.
    Leerah likes this.