Forage Macro for my Druid

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ladihawk, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Ladihawk Journeyman

OK i have read on several forums how to make a macro for foraging but something is not working right. Here is my macro and perhaps someone can tell me what i am doing wrong-

/pause 6 /doability 1
    /autoinventory
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Semi-colon after the pause, and do you have forage as the first ability in your actions window?
  3. BoomWalker Augur

Try this...
    • Autoforage macro: (Assumes Forage is #4 on ability page of Actions window, and assumes you have double forage AAs, if not you can remove the 2nd line):
        • /pause 6,/doability 4
        • /pause 6,/autoinventory
        • /autoinventory

And automated keystrokes are not allowed per the EULA...but a keyboard with something holding a key down is perfectly legal...just make sure you have lots of empty bag space.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:macros
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  4. Gladare Augur

Semi-colons work? I always use commas.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  5. Toquillaw Augur

Commas is what I use. There are ways to bind your foraging to the movement keys, so any time you turn you will forage. I tend to just add it to my nukes.
  6. Bangzoom Lorekeeper

Options --> keys is where you can set up what Toquillaw is talking about. I've been doing that since I had Sense Heading tied to those keys, before there were maps and compasses in the game.

I'd add that I have a couple of the ginormous tradeskill bags, and they're crucial if you don't want useless stuff cluttering up your main bags -- nearly all foraged stuff fits into tradeskill bags.
  7. Ladihawk Journeyman

Thanks everyone
  8. Polixenes Journeyman

I'll tag on here. I used to have a forage/autoinv macro mapped to my left turn key. Unfortunately, the mapping wasn't unique to that character and whenever I hit that key with another character it would try to use whatever hotbutton was set up in the same place. Is there a way to disable that from happening?
  9. Yther Augur

I only use 3 hot boxes, so the 4th one, you can map keys to and map macros to one of those without it affecting other toons (unless they have similar macros mapped to the same keys). But without using the 4th box for anything but mapped macros, it shouldn't cause any problems or do stuff like drop your invis accidentally.

# for Hotbar 1
    Shift+Alt+# for Hotbar 2
    Shift+Ctrl+# for Hotbar 3
    Shift+Ctrl+Alt+# is what I use for the 4th hotbar buttons, since it's hard to press fast or accident.

If you use all 4 hotbars, then I don't have any suggestions.

EDIT: Well maybe the 11th and 12th buttons, since those aren't automatically mapped to keys yet. I just already did using - and =.

EDIT 2: Also forgot to note, that you don't even have to have the hotbar visible once you get the macro(s) in place, so you don't accidentally hit it with a mouse click, but the key mapping will still work.

Yther Ore.
  10. Ladihawk Journeyman

If i was to search the baz for the "tradeskill bags" is that what i look for?
  11. Yther Augur

See http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/itemsearch.php?searchtype=advanced&field_0=items.bagtype&compare_0=>&text_0=0&next_0=0&field_1=&compare_1=&text_1=&next_1=0&field_2=&compare_2=&text_2=&next_2=0&field_3=&compare_3=&text_3=&next_3=0&field_4=&compare_4=&text_4=&next_4=0 and types 58 (the first one listed). Most have the word Component other than the Extraplanar Trade Satchel. So component name and not sure if bag as type includes bag tokens or not, but it should.

EDIT: Better link sorted by slots and only tradeskill bags: http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/items...next_3=0&field_4=&compare_4=&text_4=&next_4=0

Yther Ore.
  12. Ladihawk Journeyman

OK i can get the macro to forage now but i can not get it to autoinventory. Any suggestions?
  13. Yther Augur

If you copied BoomWalker's macro, it should work, unless your inventory is full. Might paste what you got now. Might also have to make the /pause longer than 6, but that's what I use also. Anything less, seems to be too fast sometimes for it to catch both items.

Yther Ore.
  14. Ladihawk Journeyman

/pause 7, /doability 1
    /autoinventory

Plenty of room in inv.
  15. Ladihawk Journeyman

Does it sit on my cursor until i get 20 items? If that is what is happening then how do i pick things up without placing the cursor items in inv?
  16. Yther Augur

Do you have the double forage AA? /autoinventory only does 1 item at a time, and why BoomWalker's has 2 with a pause on the first one.

Yther Ore.
  17. Ladihawk Journeyman

No i do not have the AA's. That is why there is only 2 lines on my macro. The foraged item stays on my cursor and i have to move the item into my inventory manually.
  18. Yther Augur

Don't know. Here's one I just tried on a new 1st level Wood Elf Ranger, copied from charname_servername.INI file. The Line1-3 are the actual macro lines and I put a timer in there so you could see it refresh. 1200 maybe a bit long, but probably about right for a 1st level with only 50 forage skill.
    Code:
    [Socials]
    Page2Button1Name=A-forage
    Page2Button1Color=0
    Page2Button1Line1=/timer 1200
    Page2Button1Line2=/pause 7,/do 1
    Page2Button1Line3=/autoinventory

EDIT: You might check you charname_servername.INI file under socials and make sure there no erroneous characters or misspelled words or what not. And BTW, /do is short for /doability and works to help keep you from typoing it.

EDIT 2: What you have listed here, looks like it should work. EQ sometimes throws in extra spaces at the end of lines, but that shouldn't matter on these macros, but maybe it will and is why I suggested checking the INI file.

Yther Ore.
  19. Ladihawk Journeyman

I give up. I will just add the items manually to my inventory. Thanks everyone for your help :)
  20. Yther Augur

If you want to give it one last try, then try making a new social on completely different social page and button. I know it sounds ridiculous, but at times, particular ones get buggy, and it appears to have something to do with the particular character and it's INI file. I have had to do it several times as a quick fix to a macro working again over the years.

Yther Ore.