For TLP transfers...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Feb 4, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Instead of some command that we must keep track of and inevitably many will not... can all toons at the time of the merge simply receive a token to transfer? It seems too easy to just give each made character a no trade transfer token.

Along the same vein, a name change token for each toon that is likewise no trade would be nice. Otherwise, do we end up like Characterexexex?...
  2. niente Developer

There are more characters than you think. It would take ~77 hours to run a script safely that adds a server transfer token to each character on Selo. Much easier to enable free transfers and let anyone who wants to do it. Many of the characters who we would be givien a token to would never use it. For the same reason, name changes are enabled automatically during a server merge for any character who has their name changed.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thanks for the reply... so what about a /claim?

Thats more as needed sort of scenario.

Another thing is a returning player or, in my example, people that had old accounts go inactive. They would, currently, have to sub to transfer and avoid povar default? At peak selo I think I had 7 or 8 accounts and I know others did too... and it would be nice to be able to transfer with my other toons without wasting a sub. But more importantly, old players that come back will miss the boat, but with a /claim they aren't feeling abandoned. I'm by no means a programmer, but if we were able to get serverwide claims for things like consuming a krono (one of the more recent promotions i can recall) it seems very reasonable and feasible.
    Drampire and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  4. Drampire New Member

Would be nice if they dropped the all access requirement when they give the 30 day notice. As long as it doesn't turn out like quarm did and they left everyone in limbo for months until finally saying it's getting closed in a week.

I don't know anything about povar, but I'm assuming they're just going to use tlp's as fillers for low pop servers. Kinda a bummer, as it would have been nice to have everyone from the tlp world end up merged to the same server since we've all split ourselves up over the years. And it seems weird for selo to go to povar over firiona as it's closer to it's xp gains. Population trumps all I guess.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Question I would like to ask is:

Can the progress / status of an account's overseer on one server be transferred to another server?

For a hypothetical example:

I created a single character on Selo server, and have been using overseer on that character to the point that it has each category at MAX so that on Selo I can do Level 5 Overseer missions.

Problem as I understand things is that if I transfer my main from Selo to any other server, for example if I moved it to Vox and have no Overseer progress on Vox that character, the one I built up overseer to level 5 on Selo with will have to basically start from scratch all over again with Overseer on Vox.

Follow up questions:

If I were to keep my single character on Selo & wait for the server merge to Povar would the Overseer progress / status of that character's account be available to it on Povar after that merge?

In order to allow a player to move their Overseer status from one server to another server for the same account does the technology exist or is it fixed to specific servers in such a way that it cannot be moved?

If Overseer can be moved would this require a new command or an item being created for the marketplace for this?

If overseer data itself cannot be taken off one server & moved to another server, can it be easily recreated on a target server?

There are probably a bunch of players who have progress in Overseer on their TLP server who may have none at all on their eventual new home, for them they will lose all of that progress when transferring & possibly also when being merged which seems like a situation needing a solution to me. Especially when many will have used daybreak cash to buy agents, finish tasks to accelerate their gain of levels in Overseer categories etc.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They could enable F2P for that final stretch of time perhaps.
  7. Heartland Augur

How long will Selo remain after that patch until it is merged into Povar? In other words, how long do we have to decide which server to move to before the decision is made for us?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

9. niente Developer

I will ask about this. Right now we can't, it's technically possible someone can manually give you the agents/exp on another server (but the time spent doing this would have to be approved). It's possible for us to add code to support taking Overseer with you in a server transfer, but would also have to be approved (and scheduled). Right now Overseer doesn't go with you when you transfer.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. theonepercent Augur

Wait so you're going to force people to lose stuff they potentially paid a bunch of money for? Or are transfers and merges different?
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's what I feared was the case, and was why I asked:

I think perhaps having 2 server transfer token options is the best solution.

The existing "Character Server-Transfer Token" will be the regular one that moves a Character, house, inventory, dragon hoard to a new server on the same account.

The new one would be an "Overseer Server-Transfer Token" that does not even require a character to be moved with it & just moves your overseer status to a new server on the same account.
  12. sieger Augur

I mean are you actually saying people who have spent money on paid agents just lose those forever from a server transfer?
  13. sieger Augur

Would also be good if we had clarification that the loss of Overseer agents and progress also occurs with a server merge, or if this behavior is unique to server transfers.
  14. michahs1 New Member

yeah i can see the overseer thing being a problematic gripe long term, with larger and larger playerbases being migrated off terminating tlp servers. some kind of solution in the near term would likely be a good idea.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm thinking I'm not alone, but there are only 50 or less active players on selo.

I'd rather our tlp sit and rot on the current status while things are handled appropriately like this overseer thing. No sense in rushing things at this point just to say its done.
  16. Briano Journeyman

Glad I have seen this. On Phinny and have put around $100 into overseers over the last year. Would really hate to see that be wasted and for naught...
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Feeling pretty silly for doing a recruit task last night.
  18. jeskola pheerie

I feel like this reply says they totally forgot about Overseer when making this decision. Time for more meetings!
  19. Numiko Augur

I figured as much for overseer, that is why all along I have been working on it with my old characters on my old live server and have them all capped at level 5 with multiples of every agent.

I'll be moving my phinny characters there and as a bonus will have over 1000+ collection bits ready for them to use when they get there!
  20. Machen New Member

The good news is, next year there will be a new expansion with all new mechanics and what all you did for Overseer will be completely deprecated so that whether you server xfer, server merge, or stay where you are will ultimately make no long term difference.

Only about 3 things ever have been relevant for longer than a year or two in EQ.