For those of you at level 100 and max AA ...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Damascus, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Makavien Augur

I am working on my 2nd and third toon to max aa will be awhile but the most rewarding times are double exp weekend burning lotd and 100% exp potions nonstop i get 1 - 2 k aa on those weekends. And before my wreck in march I would work as many as 12 hour days and some years and months I worked 16 hour days 6 days a week so it is not impossible to do this without playing all day everyday.
  2. Buds Augur

If I had one character, he would be max aa, even as a casual player. I have like 7 different 96+ characters I play, so I really don't have any time to max out AA. Just leveling them up takes all my play time, which is only a couple hours here and there.

But getting AA now is pretty easy. I can get 50aa a lesson no problem, if exp is my goal(not camping named etc). Just have to find the right spot for your class, wherever it shines the best.
  3. Danite Lorekeeper

depending on class , box , or reg grp mates getting to max lvl can be done in a month and while getting gear AAs will come my wife and i got 100 from 95 after RoF release in less then 6 days sense then we have been camping named to get T2 gear as of today she still needs chest and legs i haven't even started my set as getting her done is top priority as payback for her lvling me while i slept and worked =) ... but the point is after max lvl all there is to do while getting gear and doing quests and raids is getting AAs
  4. Tegila Augur

its not hard at all we had some returning players make bran new toons in august that are lvl 100 and 4k+ aa that only play a couple hours a week other than raiding, and they lose xp on raids hehe. dont be daunted by the numbers, go out and work on it and see how much easier it is than you think
  5. Shang Augur

During VoA, I could get 50 AA/hour without lessons headshotting the aliens.. Make that 75/hour, including lessons, in an hour.

Do that once a day. Ended up maxing AAs pretty quick. Grind a few potions out, and it was gravy.
  6. Siddar Augur

I always play the tortoise versus the hare when getting AA with me being the tortoise

I was making just under 30AA per lesson burn in VoA with necromancer solo.

If I had just logged in once a day and burned lesson that is 30 x 360 for over 10.000AA over the course of a year. I only added about 2500 AA last.year though because once you hit max AA you have to grind allot fewer AA per year to stay at max in the future.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

It's not hard at all, just a little dedication to burn lesson/grind a bit every night and you'll be max level with a respecteble AA count surprisingly quickly.

My fellowship started level 1 alts when some of us were max level/AA last spring. By the time RoF came out and we were back on the mains the alts were all level 80 to 85 with 1500 to 2500 AA, with old raid gear (Qvic, Time, CoA, TSS, finally SoF). This is only playing them after raiding with the mains, and more to have fun and no powerleveling.
  8. stacks33 New Member

level 100, 3500aa, 7 days played
  9. doktartp Augur

Must be a ranger or had help :)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. TheQxx Augur

During Velious, my whole goal was to max level and spend the rest of my days slapping on best in slot and sitting in the EC tunnel peddling my wares. That lasted a couple months and then AA's and the bazaar showed up and debo'd that right quick. So now it's all about chasing that dragon, literally and figuratively.
  11. maverick Elder

I have a few accounts, all of them are max level and aas for VOA , I haven't bought ROF.
    As for time played I hardly have any, I started my main back in 09 and was max level for that expansion(SOD) before UF came out, I think it took me 23 days of play, and that was including falling asleep at the keys, which I do all the stinking time.
    After I got that toon up ( a Druid) it was easy to get others up.
    So it doesn't take long now a days, I remember back in 01 when I came to this game on my uncle's account aside from first time learning everything the hard way, I made a Druid then as well and got him to 46 in 17days of play time, and that included a whole lot of teleporting to get some funds for spells and EC tunnel goodies.
  12. maverick Elder

With my crew now the last exp bonus i got one to max level with full aas and only took me the 3 days of the dbl exp weekend, and I did not play for 72 hours straight...I did have pots and lotd though
  13. Ronak Augur

AA comes so easy these days. You can get several hundred just picking up stuff on the ground even.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. dalead Elder

Yeah, AA xp comes easy these days. My main is right at 98 (I level at my own pace....not into the rat race to 100) with 6Kish AA's and I maybe use LoTD only 2 or 3 times a month. Most of the time I forget I even have a lesson to click. I rarely even play outside of raids. I think I average about 4'ish hrs a week not raiding, and that's split up between 5 chars on 2 accts, no RAF bonus.
  15. Damascus Elder

My toon has 100 played days, is level 80, with 1700AAs. Albeit I'm very casual now, no longer a raider. But some of the level 95+ with 9kAA players I know are also casuals now due to family situations. The AA rate nowadays is easily 40AAs per hour in a grind.

I still don't see how people can level up from 80 to 95+ without pulling their hair out. Even though I know what I'm doing, IT'S SO SLOW and PAINFUL. Even with Headshot farming which makes xp fly by like nothing I've ever seen, leveling up is so excrutiating.

Forgive my tooting my own horn, I have several trophy screenshots of players complimenting my abilities, tactics, speed, knowledge, etc. I used to lead raids from Luclin to GoD era so I'm familiar with researching and website and tricks of the trade. But no amount of ability gives me any sense of accomplishment when an LotD burn gives me 9% xp for my level! And that's a ranger LoTD Headshot burn, that normally yields me 30AA pts.

Some suggest leveling up with dark blue mobs instead. But the time it takes to kill 1 DB (even in a group), I can kill 20 LBs, effectively for 10 times the DB's xp (assuming LB is 50% of DB xp).

/frustrated
  16. Liliana Augur

I was leveling berserker and enchanter alts 3-4 weeks ago and noticed the huge slowdown in experience around 80. Think I got them to around 85ish before I shelved them for my mains for RoF. I'll probably go back to them eventually but I do think that maybe the regular exp curves should be looked at from 80+. A lot has been done to increase aa experience, maybe with 100 levels its time to also look at normal experience. (Besides, level capping toons quicker, might convince some of those silver members without VoA or RoF to maybe want to upgrade to those expansions!)
    Vouivre likes this.