For the new players and old, we need some changes.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xerzist, May 12, 2013.

1. Xerzist Augur

I appreciate all of the constructive feedback. It seems like most of you agree "something could be done" by the developers, but nothing insanely drastic. How can we get them involved?
  2. Wuttever Augur

Hotzones are to get new players to see there are other players in the game, I think. I don't think changing them to better serve people making alts is worth the effort.
  3. Niteangel Journeyman

As a returning player, one of the things I would like to see, but would probably be a pain for the programmers, would be the old armor quests in original cities to be revamped. I logged in the other day to check a few of my chars, and there was my bard with her almost full set of quested armor from Kelethin, but unfortunately her armor is total crap now compared to the defiant ones. It would be nice if they made these quests worth it again, the armor should be a bit better when you have to make a special effort to get it (like the original quested armors I just mentioned).

And since I have a drakkin, I would appreciate if they could update the dragon breath quests so you can get them maxed (to level 100 - not that I will get there anytime soon lol my drakkin is only level 50, but it would be nice to know that I eventually can). Right now it stops at 80 I think.

And about your idea for the HOT zones, I tend to agree, eventho as others mentioned the down side would be less players in the same zones, so finally I'm not sure if it would be good or bad.
  4. Azar_EQ New Member

As for Armor quests... Many Hero's Journey rewards give armor. The better rewards require finishing lines though. I think it works well, you have the chance at Defiant gear dropping (which it does frequently), and you get updated gear from questing that seems to do well at filling in missing slots Defiant typically doesn't cover (jewelry, etc).

For my part I would like to see the devs tweak the XP curve. Particularly right around 60 to 75. When you start a character, right up to about 61 or 62, XP gains are nice (especially in the better Hot Zones). But when you reach about level 60 things start to slow down considerably. I'm all for taking time to learn your class, but the XP curve feels very out of balance at those levels. Flatten out that curve a bit. It gets discouraging when at level 35 it takes an hour to reach 36, but at 65 it takes 8 hours to reach 66. Some of you old players may scoff at that, but even you can recognize that it's out of balance. I call those levels "The Wall" and I have 3 level 66 characters that I have no desire to level any longer because it just takes to damn long to get to the current content where all the other players are (except PLers).

YMMV.

Cheers.
  5. Tachyon Augur

Here's a radical idea... pay players with Kronos who are willing to take an active role in their server running things like open flagging raids, regular progressive task grouping, arena events, etc.
  6. demoria7 Elder

Many of us raided for years, burned out and are now groupers instead, or box'ed groups(yes, I'm one who boxes six accts now), or solo. Still love the game. Still play everyday and still bringing up new toons.Still think about having at least my cleric raid, maybe.

So, that said, I would like to see multiple hot zones per level, 3 would be good. Change them out every year. Would like to see more jewelery/shoulders/charm quest at lower levels or drops, no trade, from named. Fighting named at appropriate levels for gear is still very cool. No trade at least means less farming of em.The named already exist, just need to update their loot tables.

You can not win EQ. Rushing thru all the levels is not what new players need to be doing and old players can get from 1-80 in less than three weeks now so they don't needs the whole world to be hot zones unless they are power leveling and want to make it as easy as possible to get to get there. The only reason for multiple hot zones is "variety" for players coming up and needing zones with more folks in them for getting groups.

Personally, i would love to see a three month rotation of each major city as a hot zone and the areas leading off of them... but I'm just dreaming here.

Mostly I would like to see a new player race that leads to many older zones so many folks would start a new toon to see the old zones but with new quests and new gear drops.... can anyone see themselves as a dragon (multiple colors available ) with the ability to become any other main player race as a disguise?

just a thought....
    Azar_EQ likes this.
  7. Niteangel Journeyman

I am aware of the quests in Crescent Reach (and the tutorial as well), and have been doing them all with my new characters, but the gear you get is either the same as defiant or has lower stats (at least some stats), the jewelry and other items like belts etc are nice tho. As I mentioned I think a revamp of the old quests and quested armor would probably be a pain for the programmers so I realise its just wishful thinking, but I would like to see the quested armors from the old cities updated, and the quests themselves as well. They were nice and had different stats depending on your race and class. In fact I would like if there was a few reasons (i.e. some quests, and maybe update the vendors for spells etc) to go back there once in a while, other than nostalgia. Forgive me like I said I'm a returning player and I find it a bit sad to see all the cities deserted, I would have liked to do quests in these cities too as before but the armor is just not worth it right now.

On the other hand your statement about the exp after 60ish is encouraging to me lol, I'm glad its not too easy, so maybe it will feel a bit like an achievement (to me at least, as I dislike when it is too easy and quick) when I get to these levels, I like to feel I have worked hard for it and the "ding" is the reward. That's just me tho, I understand that many prefer getting to max level asap.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

revamp of the old quests and quested armor
    Dev dont not mess up the next Progresson server. Some old quests need to be kept as is.
  9. Abazzagorath Augur

LDoN 2.0!

Expansion was perfect for groupers, and would be perfect now due to how it worked.

1) It was good/solid experience, and a great way to level up, could do the missions from low levels on up
    2) With the expanded grouping range for missions, its even better
    3) Great way for people to learn their classes in a dungeon setting
    4) Were fun! (for some of us anyway)
    5) Were set up to allow short gaming sessions
    6) Allowed many to most class mixes to be able to beat them
    7) Offered a way to gear up
    8) Hard mode missions allowed people to "step it up" and gain better gear
    9) Progressive reward and aug rewards that made even raiders want to group
    10) Centralized locations for people to gather, rather than people all wanting to do different things all the time

The problem with grouping right now in general are:

1) Missions are complicated enough that in group gear, you need people that are good players for many of them, making it that much harder to set up and complete
    2) New players and returning players are stretched out all across the game, and its more efficient to solo/molo for many players
    3) There is reasonable (risk/time vs reward) method for these people to gear up other than buy stuff or be twinked
    4) There are level ranges that content difficulty increases, good zones dry up, need to stop and aa, etc, where people get stuck

An LDoN system really is the perfect solution for groupers, assuming the experience and reward system were good enough to make it worth the time.
    Deveryn likes this.
  10. Deveryn Elder

Questing is a mess. There are group tasks that people can do on their own and solo tasks that require a group to start or run, but only update individuals. Challenging group missions are nice to have, but there should be simpler tasks people will actually want to do as a group. Turn some of those "solo" tasks into group tasks with a decent reward and ditch the quest loot in favor of simple updates.