For raiders that would prefer a flag vs currency in EOK T1 chests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Drakang Augur

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1228
    Submitted this ticket. If you like the idea please vote for it.

I would like to see the 2 currency go away as I think its more pain than its worth.

I think it would be nice for their to be 1 flag in the chest to be handed out by the raid leader. It takes 6 weeks to move to T2 if 85% of the raid force makes every win over 6 weeks. Especially with the holidays this is unlikely. 12 flags over 6 weeks will not shorten the time to move on but would let raid leaders fix a few cases of key people missing raids without extending the time out to 7 or 8 or 9 weeks to move on.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Its not a pain at all you just have everyone random for the two raid coins. Headache solved end of story. If a raid member wants to get all butt hurt over two raid currency grats...your not getting a piece of gear any faster with them two extra coins.

Was two raid currency the best thing to put in the chest? I would say no and another back flag would be nice or piece of loot or even a couple of rez tokens would possibly be better.
    gotwar likes this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I do not believe the EQ developers really care about the artificial "race" that the high end guilds have placed on themselves.
    noclue likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

It doesn't just affect high end guilds, they will chase lockouts anyway in the push to be #1. High end guild will more than likely see far less turnover and have better attendance that most guilds lessening any flagging issues. The reality is it will affect lower end guilds a lot harder that struggle to beat the content as it is and have higher player turnover and poor attendance.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I might be wrong but I feel you are talking about something different than what the OP is asking for.

Here is the thing- OP is basically asking for 56 players to be flagged per T1 event that can only allow a maximum of 54 into the event. In doing so it will allow his guild the ability, after they do both T1 raids on their sixth time, to have at least 45 players with twelve flags so that they can piggo in the other nine and field a full raid of 54. In the current situation, because of attendance concerns and other things, OP is worried that after the sixth time he is only going to have maybe 36 players with twelve flags, which means their first attempts on Live for T2 raids will only have 45 players. While they could possibly win Prince raid with only 45, it is obviously easier to have 54 in the raid.

My point is, I do not believe any developer cares who finishes first in the "race". Nor do I think they really care how many times you have to kill both T1 raids (six, seven, eight, nine) to be able to field enough for a 54 man attempt at T2 Prince.

Bottom line is that OP is asking for 56 T1 raid flags for a 54 man raid event. I do not see the developers allowing more flags for the same tier than players allowed...
  6. Maedhros High King

At this point it is probably too late to change it anyways.
    I awarded the first 4 sets of coins we got based on 30 day attendance as a thank you to people that helped beat content in beta.
    There are probably 100 good ways to distribute the coins, it's just a little pain in the butt to add to things that guild leadership has to track but there is no need to overly stress about.
    Warpeace likes this.
  7. Malbro Augur

What is the purpose of these coins? Do you have to get one to get a flag?
  8. Wizdons Augur

Yea just random the coins..
  9. Gundolin Augur

My guild which is probably a mid level guild beat both EOK raids with high 40's in each raid. And I think the top guilds are doing it with less. I don't see them trying to get 56 players flagged for a 54 person raid event. What I see the extra flags for is so if you have raiders with good but not perfect raid attendance the raid leader can give them two flags in stead of having to wait an extra week or too to catch them up.
  10. Gundolin Augur

Not the coins they are speaking of. When you beat a T1 EoK event you get two coins, 1 is Alternate currency for Vendor Raid Loot, and the second is a flagging "coin" - it looks like a coin to me anyway. The extra coins they give in the chest are for the vendor raid loot. I believe the OP is just asking them to switch it to be for flagging instead.
  11. Malbro Augur

Thank you for the clarification.
  12. smash Augur

I dont see a coin being changed for a flag. There extreme difference between a coin & ...

So easiest is a random, there up to 54 persons in the raid, random 1-54.
  13. Bamkan Augur

I also think even 1 flag *could* be abused. If our guild can do the events with our numbers, then I'd imagine RoI could do them with 25 people. Add a few alts and you are up to 6-8 extra flags per week for a guild like that. And now you are looking at a 5 cycle minimium rather than 6 to get to T2.
  14. Imak Augur

Let those two coins rot if its going to be a drama issue in your guild. Problem solved.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'd just assume have the flag, personally. Will be nice for apps throughout the year.
  16. Cicelee Augur

I have to ask to those who want the extra flag...

Do you honestly believe that your guild should receive 56 flags for 54 players worth of work?

Back flagging is completely different. I am going to assume that when we get to T2 that it will drop some flags for T1 so that those who have 10 or 11 flags will be able to get to 12 flags after that first Prince raid. That is fine, and allows those with attendance issues from earlier to get flagged quicker than having to wait another five days.

In all honesty, in the absolute majority of situations, all of the T1 flagging becomes near irrelevant by the seventh or eighth time of killing Lceanium/Droga. If you do not have 45 flagged for T2 by the sixth time, most guilds will have 45 flagged by the seventh, and the overwhelmingly majority of them will be good to go by the eighth. Unless you are an open server/open raid guild, then I can see where flags will become more problematic. But then again, there are ways to be smart about that (i.e. whomever has the most T1 flags raids until they get 12, then continue to make sure you get people their T1 flags instead of those who already have 12).

The extra currency is nothing more than a bonus. Give it to your top parser. Your most improved. Guild member of the week who helped the most people. Two people on the bench. I mean, seriously, it is only 2 currency. This is not game breaking or guild breaking. If it is, time for a new guild or a new game I suppose....
  17. Drakang Augur

Its not 56 flags for 54 players work. I said one flag. And it benefits every guild out there to be able to fix people that miss raids due to real life not just mine. Especially given that the 6-8 weeks hit Christmas time. Its not game breaking to add one extra flag that can be awarded to somebody who missed a raid but is a critical part of the raid force. If that's to much put it in the Droga chest and not the Lcea one. Then your talking about being able to fix 6 missed raids.
    Gundolin likes this.
  18. Repthor Augur

We just give guildleader the coins then after 120 wins he gets one more loot that he doesent want or need cuz at that time his got all stuff he want. Whould it be Nice with a backflag but we know better devs are to stubborn its not worth my time to try to talk to a Wall
  19. Gundolin Augur

I would consider my guild to be good, but not uber. We have two wins so far over Droga and Lceanium. With High 40's attendance for both raids. But Jane is a regular raider, but she was out of town on Saturday for Thanksgiving. So she missed one of the flags for Lceanium. Next week when we raid Lceanium I would like it if Jane were to be able to get an extra flag instead of having to wait till the 7th or 8th time we do this raid to catch up since she missed one week.

Really I don't see adding an extra flag making much impact at all on the uber guilds being able to flag 56, but more of a help for the slightly smaller guilds to even out their flagging for regular attenders without perfect attendance. And I definitely don't see adding 2 extra flags as a game breaking or guild breaking bonus either.
  20. Cicelee Augur

Then you want 55 flags for 54 players work. Still more than how many maximum people you brought.

The only thing a flag does is decrease the amount of time you need for "the race to #1" that some guilds feel is the most important thing. Which again, developers don't care about "the race". They care about providing bug free quality content to the players.

If you raid every Wednesday, your sixth T1 double kill will be on December 21. If you have enough flagged, you can start T2 that night. If not, then you start T2 on December 28 after another double T1 kill. I don't believe any developer is worried about a guild starting on 12-28 for T2 instead of 12-21...