Font Size and Symbol Adjustments

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Peppwyl, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Peppwyl New Member

I'm a new old player, I had a 65 Enchanter with the level 1 Epic. I logged in to play while in isolation and I found that he is gone... but that's not why I'm here.

WHen I logged in, I could barely read anything, the letters and words are so small. Where can I change the font size? even if I could make the symbols bigger that would be a big help as well.

Thanks in advance.
  2. OldRodKS Elder

There's a command you can use. "/chatfontsize X" where X is the number you want. At least I think that's it. You have to use it on a window-by-window basis, but it works.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It works, but the sizes are not ideal increments. At 2560x1440 I tried increasing mine and found it too annoying and went back to the original size, which is 3 or 4 as far as the X goes. Still it's better than nothing, and if you are at 4k you may find the larger sizes more workable.
  4. Peppwyl New Member

5. Peppwyl New Member

Thanks for your help, I tried, I was able to make the chat words big enough to read from my chair. BUt having to put my nose up to the screen to read everything else just makes this game unplayable now. I was really looking forward to getting back into EQ as well. Oh well.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Are you using a 2k or 4k monitor?