/follow sometimes turns off /run

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Random_tank, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Random_tank Apprentice

use /run then /follow someone that doesn't move fast, or moves in a circle, then stop following that person. You will sometimes have your /run mode turned off and are now walking.
  2. Baldur Augur

This isn't a bug, this is the way autofollow works.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Working as intended.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I will upvote your post as I have noticed this happening also.

This is not as intended or the way auto follow works. This patch makes the run command stick so it should not be faulting to walk after or during an auto follow.

Test Update 10/10/17 - Patch Notes and Discussions

- Added the /run command to make your character run if it isn't. This command is not toggleable (i.e. /run will never make you walk).

This was added to specifically to address this issue. Therefore the char should not be slipping into walk during/before or after auto follow if you have /run.
  5. Baldur Augur

You are completely wrong. It was not added to address this issue. The part where it says /run will never make you walk means it doesn't work like /attack where it toggles attack on/off, it will always turn run on if it's off, or leave it on if it's on.

The way autofollow works is as the character autofollowing gets closer walk turns on, if they get farther away run turns on. If you happen to stop autofollowing when it had walk on, you still have walk on.

It's the way it's always worked, it's by design, it's not a bug.

This would be a feature request, which I'm all for, but this forum is not for those. I'm all for if you break autofollow and you originally had run on, and walk is now on, that it would turn run back on. I'm all for that, but that's a feature request, not a bug. And this forum is only for bugs.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I will hold with my statement since this is what dev's told us at the time and that is why I linked the patch notes. They put the /run command in so you would not slip into walk when in auto follow. It specifically states that is the purpose on the last line. Try it, if you put your character on /run and then do an auto follow then character should not slip back into walk mode. If he does then it is a bug and belongs here.
  7. Baldur Augur

Can you point to where a dev told us that the addition of the /run command was to fix walking in autofollow?

The patch notes about the change don't mention autofollow at all, so if your proof is the patch notes, you are misinterpreting them. The /run "will never make you walk" part is in reference to it not being toggleable, meaning that the command, when you type it and press enter, will never make you walk. It's not talking about when you are on autofollow.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Suggest making an audio trigger to let you know when follow fails.
    You are no longer auto-following
    I also have one for my wizard for when he roots himself with his magic nuke recourse
    You cannot move right now

Gina is best but you can also make in game audio triggers (cntl-z)
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I highly doubt you and I will ever agree on this. I know you are wrong.

It is ok that it was posted in this forum. Perhaps we can wait and let the dev's decide if its a bug or a feature.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

AF's intent is to retain some risk while traveling. That's why the warning appears EVERY TIME AF is engaged.

I remember that patch, but I don't recall the Devs stating it was intended to improve AF Run/Walk. This was done as a QoL change.