Fog graphics

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Brosa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Brosa Augur

We use to be able to use /part off, low, med, high to adjust in game particle settings and it would take effect when you zoned or logged out/back in. I used it a lot when I was in SoD zones Korafax and Temple of Bertox and even expansions after that with a lot of fog and steam like graphics. I haven't had to do that for some time now but with Tempest Temple lag is real bad again when I am boxing two accounts. I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of the fog. Any help?
  2. felani New Member

Please update if you find an answer!
  3. Brosa Augur

No body knows anything on this? Player base or SOE?
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

Sure.
    Delete the environment emitter file associated with the zone before you zone into it, for example:
    tempesttemple_EnvironmentEmitters.txt.
    The file will be recreated the next time you log in.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

1. Open up eqclient.ini and locate ParticleDensity=2. If you recently did the /part off it should show 0 instead of 1-3. If not change it to 0

2. Alt O, Display Tab, Environment tab. Change the settings there too. Density to Off.

What is likely happening with each expansion, settings for those zones are being placed to be controlled by the more appropriate switches.
  6. guado Augur

It would be much more preferential if they would just move the steam to the absolute center of the island, rather than clouding up our screens if we want to have our back to the center of the island.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

While I haven't checked my ini file (I'll be doing it later though, for sure) setting my settings in the options in game did exactly.... nothing for the steam. I reported it during beta twice, but obviously it didn't make an impression. I just avoid those areas entirely now. Which sucks, because while I absolutely hate the tedium in TDS, the zone design is absolutely amazing.
  8. Kelandi Elder

Unfortunately, the suggested settings above have no effect on the fog/steam in Tempest Temple. I too messed around with all the options and commands without luck, still lagging in that zone. In general I've noticed more video lag in the TDS zones.
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

10. Kelandi Elder

That is before/after deleting the file you mentioned, correct?
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

Yes. Log into the game and delete the file before zoning into that zone.
    It's a straight text file that gets redownloaded the next time you log in and it patches.
    Example contents of the file which should be self-axplanatory based on the first line. (Truncated as there are a lot more entries in it):

Code:
    Name^EmitterDefIdx^X^Y^Z^AlwaysVisible^Lifespan
    CavernsStorm1^0^834.000000^-20.000000^-27.000000^4000000^1
    CavernsStorm2^649^864.430542^-21.313984^-39.000000^4000000^1
    ^0^0.000000^0.000000^0.000000^0^0
    torch0^106^-585.693909^-240.023972^23.975983^4000000^0

An alternative to deleting the entire file and keeping things you DO want to see, like portal particles, etc. would require taking out what you don't want to see and saving it as a backup.
    After you log in you could overwrite the original with your own.
  12. Kelandi Elder

Yeah, been playing around with some of the EnvironmentEmitters files now, pretty neat. I just wish there was a way to edit this on the fly, in-game.
  13. Sarkaukar Augur

14. Brosa Augur

Having to delete a file every time you log in is ridiculous. the function of /part on or off use to work just fine when dealing with fog type particles. this should still work IMO. Devs need to work on this