[focused PoP to TSS] The Great 'Malo' Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adonhiram, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Adonhiram Augur

As you guys know, the September 2018 patch improved the "Malo" line (which should be called "Malaise" btw) of debuff. I posted on my guildforum and eqmagetower, as usual, to clarify things (there are actually two lines of debuffs, one unresistable and one resistable, mages and shamans already know this of course) and trying to evaluate the impact of the change. You can find the post here and of course you are welcome to discuss it :

Understanding the Malo lines

The examples are more for the eras from PoP to TSS, but the logic is similar in earlier and later expacs.

My personal experience in the last few days is very positive btw, sinia really lands more often now. On resistant trash like spirit wraiths or corrupted drakes in Vish event (DoN),Tash + Mala followed by Malosinia now works wonders, at least you need way less attempts to stick sinia. Your kiters will love you.
    a_librarian likes this.
  2. a_librarian Augur

This seems like a great and well implemented change. It was incredibly annoying trying and failing dozens of times to stick the non-resistible Malaise spell on bosses. Thanks for the write up on this
    Adonhiram likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The resistable line got a higher -resist check allowing it to land more reliably on targets. Cool.

No offense, but what else is there to say?
  4. Machentoo Augur

Err, the non resistible line does not get resisted, ever.
  5. snailish Augur

#tashgate2018

#makescentofduskgreatagain

etc.

Note: improvements to one debuff line do not necessarily mean others should be improved.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

:p
  7. Adonhiram Augur

What else ... ? Nespresso or Halleluja, your choice p)