Focus effects for casters t1/t2 raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by keggulist, Jan 24, 2013.

1. keggulist New Member

OK so below i took as an example of the focus effect from a ROF T2 Raid wrist. Keep in mind the slots in red are on Arms/head etc.

NOW was this intended? because if it is it screws casters on Kael/EW/and BG raids.

[IMG] Poison Damage 40-70 L100

Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data

Slot Description
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 40% to 70%
    2: Limit: Max Level(100) (lose 5% per level over cap)
    3: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    5: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    6: Limit: Target (AE PC v1 excluded)
    7: Limit: Target (PB AE excluded)
    8: Limit: Target (Targeted AE excluded)
    9: Limit: Target (Uber Giants excluded)
    10: Limit: Target (Uber Dragons excluded)
    11: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    12:
    Limit: Resist (Poison allowed)
  2. Falos Augur

To be honest, back in the day that uber giant /. uber dragons restriction made sense for the sake of the encounters being more epic, especially since a large majority of t he raid content in the game was dragon based. Now it feels like they just keep copying and pasting it out of habit, it's an archaic restriction that should just go away, future focus effects and spell data should just get rid of it.

It is worth noting though that for example King Tormax in RoF is actually as an Animal not as a "raid giant" I haven't really paid much attention to this problem you have listed since I am not in a raid guild and the tier 1 stuff for groupers is pretty mindlessly easy but it is possible that despite the "uber giant" and "uber dragon" focus restrictions that it is a non issue because I do not believe they have used those body type flags in a very long time. I could be mistaken though.
  3. keggulist New Member

i could be mistaken i just saw it and was like wtf as the dragons in kael/ew and bg raids come to mind
  4. Atvar Augur

I think this is closer to the truth. Casters wouldn't show up on a parse in the new ntov and kael raids if the focii didn't work.
  5. Talif Augur

It was put in to stop focus effects working on the Dragonbane and Giantbane spells. Stupid to still have it there, but it doesn't affect anything.
  6. Falos Augur

Ah makes sense, yeah i never looked at those spell files, guess uber dragon and uber giant is the name of the "target type" on those spells.
  7. Trajet D'Or Augur

The focus modifies the spell, it does not check the target. Sunstrike or anything except Porlos' Fury cast on Velious or RoF Yelinak has it's damage increased by relevant focus effects, this has nothing to do with an Animal flag on the RoF version.
  8. Deloehne Augur

If that could be confirmed it would address the parent post's issue.
  9. MrGPAC Augur

The Limit:Target is in reference to spell types, not mob types. The Spells they are excluding are those that are dragonbane/giant bane spells. These spells were un-resistable by the appropriate mob type (which was useful for wizards to stay out of aoe range on belly casters back in the day).

That said, I have had wizards tell me that the dragonbane spells don't even work on the new NToV dragons, so this flagging doesn't really reflect anything but Velious era spells for Velious era mobs.

~MrGPAC